Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, July 7....9am at Wolfies in Greenwood Lake (PM for directions). Orange County NY backroads to Sam's Point Preserve by Ellenville, then Sullivan County backroads to Rts 42 and 97 and the infamous Hawks Nest. Lunch in Port Jervis, NY....possible swimming in Stokes State Forest (bring trunks or skinny dip), or a ride up to Sunrise Mountain....then ending the ride at Gyps Tavern on Rt 206 in Branchville, NJ (Dinner, or whatever)....

Folks can "peel off" anytime they need to if they have plans......

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Shoot, thought you meant Hawk's Nest down here.

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Yep, 60, I like it up toward Seneca Rocks best though.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I am in, as you know.... bike ran good today about a 110 mile round trip to a buddies house.

I will email that buddy, he also has become familiar with Gyps as of late, he has a vulcan 900 custom.

kenny

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I am in, as you know.... bike ran good today about a 110 mile round trip to a buddies house.

I will email that buddy, he also has become familiar with Gyps as of late, he has a vulcan 900 custom.

kenny
Glad to hear you will be making it on Sunday. So far I am in also and my buddy with the turbo charged diesel powered trike is coming along. We have "maybe's" from a few other friends we ride with on Sunday mornings. I hope some more forum members see the posted ride and join such as Liberty Pilot, Mike DeAngelo, Ole Dirty Doc and those from the Clinton meet up.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Glad to hear you will be making it on Sunday. So far I am in also and my buddy with the turbo charged diesel powered trike is coming along. We have "maybe's" from a few other friends we ride with on Sunday mornings. I hope some more forum members see the posted ride and join such as Liberty Pilot, Mike DeAngelo, Ole Dirty Doc and those from the Clinton meet up.
Glad you are making the trek up here tom, Diesel powered trike, wow, can't wait to see that

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Methinks Doc is a lil out of the way for this particular ride, but he plans on coming down to Strange Days in Vernon....same weekend as your wedding I think Tom...bummer....hay....why dont she get married at StrangeDays ???...gotta cost a lot less than a banquet hall....lol ;) ....my daughter would though, if she ever does....

We're gonna be going up to Catskill Thunder in Durham, NY too Tom ...Doc and I will be camping, but I think Kenny and Ant are just going for the one day...keep that in mind as well....gonna be lots of builders there and a build-off contest, as well as rodeo type of stuff....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
getting caught up from my few days away, but I am ready to go for this ride tomorrow. Going to wait fro Tom and his buddy to join me and then we will head up to Wolfie's and meet the rest.

it's gonna be a hot one boys!! stay hydrated and bring your sunblock.

Looking forward to just riding and enjoying the day with friends, scenery, and open road!! :motorcycl

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
getting caught up from my few days away, but I am ready to go for this ride tomorrow. Going to wait fro Tom and his buddy to join me and then we will head up to Wolfie's and meet the rest.

it's gonna be a hot one boys!! stay hydrated and bring your sunblock.

Looking forward to just riding and enjoying the day with friends, scenery, and open road!! :motorcycl
Sunglasses too.... I worked in the yard all day today, eyes are a bit burned.....

kenny

·
2,494 Posts
I am meeting my trike buddy at 7:00 AM and then we are heading to KC's to arrive by 8:00 AM. After a short chill there we will head north to meet up with the main portion of the group at 9:00 AM in NY and hit the road for a nice relaxing ride. I figure another 250 mile day or there about. I am almost ready. I have to put a few water bottles in the freezer and get the mini cooler out. Should be an extra hot one and now I wish I had bought that mesh jacket when it was on sale. No way I will be wearing the leather even with the vents open.

I am glad that Mercury has his ride all settled and is joining us and KC is back from his family time. I'll see everyone in the morning.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
see ya all in the am!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Will be hot, yes...but once we get up to Sullivan will be almost 10 deg cooler...less humid tomorrow too....and if it gets REALLY hot, we're gonna be following springfed streams most of the way....I know one spot that the water never gets over 45-50......Im bringin my swimmin trunks...I still need to find my mini tripod for group pics....

That didnt sound right, did it ?...sounds like the skinny dippin scene from that "Wild Hogs" movie, lol....(oh please god, dont let John Travolta be there !)....

And I cant wait to see that trike !!!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
ill try to remember to bring my mini

kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
2,494 Posts
Sounds all very gay to me!!!
Not really but your comment about it being gay sure sounds like jealousy. Have you been watching a certain scene from Deliverance once too many times? lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Lets not escalate this controversy. Member has been warned, and disruptive post removed. If it continues....

Sams Point......

Hawks Nest....

Sunrise Mountain...

Flatbrook....

Gyps.....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Great time today guys ...

http://s376.photobucket.com/user/mercury45/library/VN750 Rides/7-7-13 ride

That is some of the pictures...

I uploaded one video so far, there are some other good ones, which I hope to upload after work tomorrow.....but I am beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFRe09QFXxU

We had a little 'drag', just for fun, I have no idea what the dance was at the end, it was what I felt like doing at the time.

Don't mind the go pro noise clicks and pops, it does that when adjusting camera or going over rocks etc.

Thanks all who came, I had a great day, I think we all did!

Kenny

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
thanks for posting Merc.....it was a great ride and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks to Tom and Bill for coming along. We left my house at 8am. For me it was a 13 hour day on the bike and I logged just over 200 miles with 2 downpours in the mix...ending with driving home in a thunderstorm at 9pm....but it was a great day and I really enjoyed it!

I really wish others would join us next time....I guarantee you will have fun and make new friends and memories!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was a good time...the first "real" ride of the season....hoping for more in the future....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts