Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen a video of a 750 vulcan with the exaust outlets on the same side do the still make this exaust system and where would i find one

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Jardine makes a set and I think they are called Rumblers, Dennis Kirk had them in the last catalog I looked at.

Click on my username do to my public profile and look at my albums ,some of pics were stock exhaust,some with homemade drag pipes and the later ones had the Jardine pipes on it,if you want an idea of how they look.

Scratch that ,look here http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/denny606_photo/2010/2010006.jpg

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Mine are both on the same side (right side). Bike came that way from the previous owner, so I'm not sure *what* brand pipes they are.

Here's a pic of both sides:

(obviously, the pics were taken years apart, that's why you don't see any extras on the 2nd pic, which was the oldest)

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Asbrand, is that the saddlemen explorer seat? and if so, what backrest are you using with it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i checked out dinniskirk.com but all the have is the vance and hines system that's a 2 sided system, but i'll keep looking maybe i'll find some with the outlets on she same side if not i'll probably go with the vance and hines

·
Registered
796 Posts
Unfortunately Jardine stopped making the cross over kits. I bought mine for $380 and 3 years later could have bought them for $150 but was too late and they were gone. Great sounding set up too.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Unfortunately Jardine stopped making the cross over kits. I bought mine for $380 and 3 years later could have bought them for $150 but was too late and they were gone. Great sounding set up too.

so they don't make the kits anymore and there's no where to get them
I found mine on here,if you check flea bay you might find some,baldy is right I had the same pipes and loved them.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I got mine here from a fellow member. Full cobra system. If you buy a new set, make sure they include the left side heat shield. Gets a little toasty when you stop at light and get a little too close to the pipe.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I am pretty sure there is a set or two of Jardine's full exhaust that exit on the same side on E-Bay right now also. They stopped making them like 5 years ago or something like that....so they are rare. Mac exhaust comes out on the same side and Dennis Kirk sells them......but I personally really do not like the way that they sound......way too dirt bike like!

·
Registered
796 Posts
so they don't make the kits anymore and there's no where to get them
Yeah unfortunately the 750 isn't very popular with the aftermarket companies and since they stopped make our 750's parts are getting harder to find. That is why a lot of my add-ons are for different bikes and did modification to make them fit. You can still get the pricy cobra, vance and hines, and mac cross over kits. Mac is the cheapest at $269 ++.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Looking at those photos of mine, do you guys know what brand my pipes are? I've no idea...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Looking at those photos of mine, do you guys know what brand my pipes are? I've no idea...
Hard to tell. Left side looks like a home made setup where there isn't a heat shield that is supplied with the cross over kits. On the right side it looks like the Mac kit where the rear cylinder pipe is under the front cylinder pipe. Quite possible someone made them like I did before I got the Jardine set.

·
Registered
748 Posts
They look to me like the tapered tip Cobras that are no longer made. They weren't as popular as the slash-cuts.

Jim

·
Registered
802 Posts
Don't have any pictures of mine here at work. Cobra system, but the heat shield didn't come with them (used) when I bought it. Seems my front engine connector is further up on mine if I remember right. And no heat sheild on the right side by the foot rest.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
There is a heat shield on the left side pipe. Must just not show up well in the photo.

Thanks for the info though!

Eventually I'll replace the pipes. The left one is getting rather rusty where it bends to go under the bike and cross over.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think i'm just gonna go with the vance and hines system that exit on different sides cause one i get some saddlebags on it it won't bug me like it does now, it just make sence to me for v twins to have the exaust on the same side

1 - 19 of 19 Posts