Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of Saddleman Highwayman jumbo rivit slant saddlebags for my 750. and - it's a long story - but I wound up with 2 sets of bags. I only need one so I am offering the other set up for sale - they are new in the box I haven't even taken them out of the plastic wrapping. Here are a couple of pictures of the set I put on my bike. They are really large but you don't even know they are there. They will hold a 15" laptop computer easily along with a pile of other stuff. Yes :doh: I go grocery shopping with these easily. $85 if anyone is interested

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And - yes I hard mounted them - piece of cake. but they come with a throw over yoke if you would rather go that route

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Am I seeing straight, are the turn signals in their original places? Does the bag sit on the muffler at all even under load? On this page, which one is it? http://www.saddlemen.com/store/link_page/metricfitment.html

Is it model: X021-03-042 ? PM Sent.
He is using the KF&S Turn signal Relocation bracket
i circled it in red

As I try to do more research on them I found out that they are part of the KF&S Saddle Bag Support Brackets. But I don't have proof

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did use the KF&S relocation brackets and they do come with saddlebag supports - I have had them on for a couple of years. You would need to relocate your turn signals if you haven't because these bags are so big.They do not get on the muffler even under load and I carry a bunch of stuff in there to my jobs. This bike is my daily driver. I just checked and when they are empty they are about 3 or 4 inches above the mufflers :beerchug:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thank you - but I am VERY stubborn about modifying this bike, even something as harmless as moving turn signals. I think I am stuck with small bags like what I have. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
441 Posts
you mean i'm not the only vulcan owner who also has a yellow ford ranger..unreal!
if you dont sell those bags this week..lemme know

·
Registered
441 Posts
and soon my '01 750 will be the same color as my '01 ranger...with steeler logo to match as well

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
possibly - I am waiting to finish it up. If they don't go you are next up :0)

·
Registered
441 Posts
ok.. i am good for friday if your first doesnt pan out.. Did you mean that these come with supports.. or you will need supports to put these on??

·
Registered
99 Posts
K&S brackets?

Yes I did use the KF&S relocation brackets and they do come with saddlebag supports - I have had them on for a couple of years. You would need to relocate your turn signals if you haven't because these bags are so big.They do not get on the muffler even under load and I carry a bunch of stuff in there to my jobs. This bike is my daily driver. I just checked and when they are empty they are about 3 or 4 inches above the mufflers :beerchug:
Howdy,

I really like the idea of putting larger bags on my bike but I couldn't find the same brackets that you seem to have on the K&S site...lots of other groovy stuff but not this. Do you have a link to a source?

The Highwayman site had a nice looking quick-release setup but I only saw H-D fitment, unless I cave to go to the separate Metric chart for this?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Skankin' Vulcan
64 Posts
Dave, what kind/size saddlebags do you have? I don't want to be moving stuff around on my bike and I don't need much storage so it sounds like I'm looking for what you have.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dave, what kind/size saddlebags do you have? I don't want to be moving stuff around on my bike and I don't need much storage so it sounds like I'm looking for what you have.
I'm glad you asked! I was looking around for your thread when the email notifier got me your question. Here it is and they are PERFECT fitting, no modifications to the bike needed:

http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Luggage/Throw-Over-Saddlebags/Motorcycle-Saddlebags-Leather-Like-Waterproof-Saddle-Bags-SD4059

NOW - I like the grey trim but when I got mine they were all out - out like as in they were not even making them anymore! And I checked all kinda of sites. So mine are the all-black ones which are on that site and you may also want to check LeatherUp.com - BTW that price is like $30 less than I paid!

OH - WARNING: It seems like they are selling more sizes now, some of them bigger than the ones I have. That link is exactly what I bought, just all-black. They are made by XElement and their ref model is X850.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Howdy,

I really like the idea of putting larger bags on my bike but I couldn't find the same brackets that you seem to have on the K&S site...lots of other groovy stuff but not this. Do you have a link to a source?

The Highwayman site had a nice looking quick-release setup but I only saw H-D fitment, unless I cave to go to the separate Metric chart for this?

Thanks,

Matt =QUOTE]

here are a couple of places that say that they have the kit in stock - and the OEM part number to search for:

http://www.accessories4bikes.com/sad...ts-p-1537.html

http://www.bikeyard.com/PARTS/accessoriespage.htm

OEM # 99950-70104 K53021-094

1 - 20 of 20 Posts