Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
any ad ise on how to mount bags to the brackets

Well I would first have to ask what type of bag mounts did you get? 2nd I would have to ask what type of bags do you have. Then we can por ide all the ad ise? V is for vulcan.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are slanted leather bags fromfajum leather i already have the brackets i got from higway hawk just wanted to know how is the best way to secure them to the mounting brackets any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
722 Posts
Do you want the bags mounted solid to the brackets or do you want to have them so you can remove them with out to much problems.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I have a set of Willie & Max slants that I had mounted just as throw overs (just 'thrown over' the seat), then had a couple small bungee straps going under the seat and attached to the bags to keep them from flying off.

·
Registered
306 Posts
LULU's bags were the throw over type untill i got my Fire and steel bag supports.

What i did was to cut the connecting piece of leather off the bags (This is the part that goes over or under the seat and holds the 2 bags togeather).

I then drilled 2 holes in the inside of the bags where the through bolts went to the frame. I used a coupple of fender washers on the inside and out side of the bag and connected them this way.

:motorcycl

·
Registered
722 Posts
My friend punched holes in the back of his bags and zip tied them to the supports.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone post or send me pictures of custom made brackets? I will try to save the 150+ for the Kaw supports if I can. I just got small (don't know the size now) slanted throw over bags but I would prefer to have them on brackets.
Thanks
Cesar
[email protected]

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Can someone post or send me pictures of custom made brackets?
Here's the ones I made. 1/4" or 5/16" (don't remember for sure) steel rod. The mounting points were pieces of angle iron. Everything was bent just using a vise on the work bench. If the two of them were side by side, you'd notice some slight differences in them, but once mounted, who's gonna know?
I have a mig welder, so that made it easy to get things welded together. I then took them to work and had them powdercoated. All in all, it cost me my time and some welding wire. Everything else was 'donated' by work.:smiley_th
I made them a good bit larger than most aftermarket ones, so small saddlebags might not fit them too good.

Just finished.....

Powdercoated....

Mounted to the bike....

With the softsided MotoPak bags....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts