Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some new saddlebags. My problem is which one's will look the best. It looks like the varity is unlimited. If you all don't mind posting some pictures of your's, to give me a good idea what looks best. Thanks! Skip

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Az. I saw those at Leatherup, thanks for the picture it will help me to decide. Skip

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
You can find mine on leatherup.com too

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
you have too use your imagination but these are the saddlemen jumbo slant with waterproof liners.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I don't have a picture at the moment, but I have the Kawasaki Renegade bags, made by Auburn Leather, mounted on the Kawasaki F&S mount/turn signal relocator brackets. Not cheap, I paid about $450 for the whole setup, but it was a new bike, and 8 years and 45,000 miles later, the bags still look new.
Also, when I removed the helmet locks from the side rails, I went ahead and removed the rails, cut off the tabs where the helmet locks went, and used a Dremel to grind everything smooth. I tossed the worthless helmet locks in the trash, and used screws with chrome snap caps to plug up the holes in the saddlebag support brackets where the helmet locks were supposed to be relocated to. I have this thing for detail. Jerry.

Edit: Here's a link to some old and pretty poor quality pictures of my bike, which shows the saddlebags.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VN750/photos/album/748924162/pic/list

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
You can find mine on leatherup.com too

That is a beautiful paint job. I'm still considering a paint job, but I bought my bike ('02) brand new, and have already spent a lot of money on it. It currently has 45,000 miles on it, and I'm having a hard time justifying spending a lot more money on it for a paint job when I don't know how much longer it is going to last, plus the stock paint is in great shape. Jerry.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Once I get my bike back up & fixed I'l be sure to get a pic before something else happens. lol I'm in love with the hard bag now. Totally saved my ass when I wrecked. The bike road on them opposed to my leg.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
That's kinda funny. The soft bags you just sold me saved my chrome and maybe some skin when I learned about gravel. Again.
And they still look pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts