Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no experience with saddlebags/supports...

I got this set of bags free with my bike, but the PO didn't have supports for them.

Do you guys know which supports I can buy (cheapest) to put these on? And will I need the turn signal relocation kit and all that jazz?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got these off eBay but the bolts are too short that came with it. Going to get some tomorrow at the store. I think my slant bags will open without moving the signals too so there's some money saved. Had to remove the helmet locks though. Hopefully this will keep me satisfied for a bit because I'm now broke. Took vacation last week and transfer case broke on my SUV. Talk about some credit card bills....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got them put on last night after getting longer bolts, and a few choice words...

I don't think they look too bad. Not the best in the world but it will at least give me a place to put some tools and things I might need on the road, especially since I'm new to riding.

I noticed the bottom of the right one was melted a little from the PO. They were on a different bike I believe at that point. I have probably 1-2 inches of clearance. Hopefully that'll be enough not to melt any more.

Oh, and I didn't get any turn signal relocation kit yet. Wanted to try it first before I spent that much money (that I don't have). If I had about another inch, I could open them completely without needing relocation. As they are right now, I can get into them well enough that it doesn't warrant the extra money.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
There's another mod you may consider. I saw post here where someone moved their signals to the tail light housing. Accomplished the main objective, but minimal cost. Only thing would be, you can't move back unless you replace the tail light housing as you have to drill holes through sides to mount signals.

p.s. Two of my favorite things are in your picture: a good looking bike and an inviting deck! Great place to relax with a cup of coffee and a breeze.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
That's interesting Okie, I may look into that for mine. Wouldn't have to cut an oblong hole, right? Just a round hole so the stalk goes in and holes for the screws?

A lot of the stores recommend 1-2" clearance on the pipes so those should be fine. Your straps and buckles look identical to mine. Mine have a plastic quick release buckle hidden under the metal ones.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Nice pics slim. Seen any pics of the finished lights on the bike?

So the horseshoe piece is already on our lights?

Shouldn't interfere with a luggage rack, I don't think it would anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts