·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
509 Posts
Saddlebag Supports

When I bought my bike used, it saddlebg supports that looked like that. I bought the F/S turnsignal relocation kit and it had saddlebag supports that went with it. I had no problem with the original supports but they didn't fit with the F/S kit. I sold them on E-Bay. I don't know anything about the company.

Enjoy the Ride

Mcneuby :)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I use those brackets. They are ok, but I would recommend you go out and purchase better bolts than the ones they supply.

You can find suitable replacements at home depot or lowes

EDIT-
Also you will have to remove your helmet locks to use these

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use those brackets. They are ok, but I would recommend you go out and purchase better bolts than the ones they supply.

You can find suitable replacements at home depot or lowes

EDIT-
Also you will have to remove your helmet locks to use these

Not a problem. My t/s are relocated and helmet locks are removed.

Do they seem to hold up okay? I have large, soft bags, but I tend to carry quite a bit of stuff especially on long trips.

BTW...thanks for the replies guys.

John

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I have exactly those supports on my bags which were probably installed at the dealer when the PO bought the bike. Be aware that the bags have rawhide laces on the backs so they can be tied to these brackets to keep the bottoms from flopping up.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
hey john, any progress on the bike or thoughts of starting the process yet?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Absolutely, I think about it every day. Got a new Mosfet R/R that's ready to wire up. Put a rebuild kit in the starter motor. Plan to do the Stator cover mod. Just getting supplies together and trying to boost my confidence in the project before I begin operating. Will try to get Tim Parrot to rewind it for me after I get it out. Might even try the MCCT conversion while it's down.

Wow! So much to do and so little time...

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts