Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not quite sure what I want, but I’d like to have a lot of storage space without having to relocate turn signals (but would if the bags were worth the relocation). What do you guys have?

I’ve seen some bad photoshop bags over stock bikes and I don’t trust the sizing. So if you got some side profiles and a little bit of info (size, where to find ‘em), that’d be pretty cool and helpful. Thanks.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
I understand the whole "not quite sure what I want, but I’d like to have a lot of storage space without having to relocate turn signals", deal.
but to tell the truth, you're not gonna get very much "storage space", with where the stock turn signals are. relocating the turn signals, really opens up you options on what kind of bags that one can put on a VN750.
also, it will make your life a lot easier when you do put bigger bags on. those turn signals are a real pain, while being in the stock position. move them and you will never regret doing so.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
I agree ^ Relocation isn’t that hard to do, I made a bracket out off sheet metal that put them back on the license plate mount:

You don’t need to make something so elaborate. Some angle iron and a drill is all you need to fabricate something similar.

(And I still have an OEM relocation bracket and bag supports for sale BTW)

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Here's mine, have no idea what brand, even though they were new when I got them.

Quick detach via zippers, plenty of room, and four velcro pockets. Turn signals mounted with a chrome license plate frame and aluminum bracket. Most home or hardware stores have aluminum flat stock.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree ^ Relocation isn’t that hard to do, I made a bracket out off sheet metal that put them back on the license plate mount:

You don’t need to make something so elaborate. Some angle iron and a drill is all you need to fabricate something similar.

(And I still have an OEM relocation bracket and bag supports for sale BTW)

Oooh. I would be interested for sure. I’m gonna need the supports, and if i do end up relocating, those brackets would definitely be needed. I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's mine, have no idea what brand, even though they were new when I got them.

Quick detach via zippers, plenty of room, and four velcro pockets. Turn signals mounted with a chrome license plate frame and aluminum bracket. Most home or hardware stores have aluminum flat stock.

View attachment 52638
Those look like a really nice size on the bike.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Those look like a really nice size on the bike.
I like them, was a bit concerned at first that they were too large, but they've never been removed since installing.

The velcro pockets are super handy to stow the wallet, phone, camera, smokes, welder's cap, you name it. Just rip them open and slap'em closed.

There's quick releases on the straps, so I never have to fiddle with the buckles.

They have D-rings on the four corners, so I put tiedowns on quick links to keep them tucked to the bike on hard cornering.

Been thinking about a matching tail box to put on the rack, but unsure if that might be too much. I don't haul that much, a jacket, shirt, towel, spare eyewear, and a few tools.

Any throwover bags will have a weight limit, so you can't haul a bunch of beer or laundry. For heavier loads you need hard bags mounted good and solid.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts