Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put on some saddle bag supports for my 2003 vulcan 750, just came back from the Kawasaki dealer and he gave me a price of 153.00. Is there any other cheaper model that will fit the vulcan 750.?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
See if you can find some Highway Hawk supports (I think they're about $80). They sometimes show up on eBay, but I'll check and see if I can find a link for you to some other site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
saddlebag support

I want to put on some saddle bag supports for my 2003 vulcan 750, just came back from the Kawasaki dealer and he gave me a price of 153.00. Is there any other cheaper model that will fit the vulcan 750.?
try international acessories:
$49.95 for highway hawk

·
Registered
387 Posts
I went with the Kawasaki saddlebag supports because I also wanted the rear turn signals relocated further back and out of the way of the bags. It also relocates the helmet locks to the rear of the bike.
I didn't bother with punching holes in the saddlebags and hard mounting them. I kept them as throw overs (under the seat) and tied the bags to the supports to keep them from flopping around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you want a simple job, the advantage with the Highway Hawk saddlebag supports is they make them specifically to fit, which is very easy, and you don't need to relocate the indicators
Got mine form Canada via ebay - remember you will have to pay duty on imported goods.
Regards
Simon

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I picked up a set of Highway Hawks on eBay about 2 mos ago - $59. Easy to install and they have brackets to relocate helmet locks. I've seen them several times since then - they show up pretty often - search for "Vulcan 750 saddlebag brackets".

·
Registered
227 Posts
I went with the Kaw supports because of the turn signal relocation. It makes getting things in and out of the bags a bunch easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info from everyone,if I go with the Kawasaki brackets how much is the turn signal relocation kit?

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Thanks for all the info from everyone,if I go with the Kawasaki brackets how much is the turn signal relocation kit?
Relocation kit is part of the Kawi saddlebag support kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again,I think ill go with the Kaw brackets,because the bags I got wiil open alot easier if the signals are moved back.This site has helped me alot.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got mine from Arizona Motorsports or Ridenow.com: http://store.azmusa.com/vnsagu.html
and mounted bags per pics in my signature on Yahoo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts