Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband John Brisson, and his dad were in a bad bike wreck this past weekend in Jacksonville NC and both are in ICU right now. John's dad has life threatning injuries and John has a skull fracture and a broken arm but is expected to make a full recovery. His dad has a long road to recovery but the doctors are optimistic he will survive this horrible acciddent.

The person responsible for this accident was drunk and claims he didn't see them stopped at the red light. This sounds like a typical response from a drunk.

John talked briefly today, but of course he is heavily sedated still. I just know he enjoys checking the site daily and than he goes in the garage with his laptop to tune up his motorcycle or whatever you all do.

I can tell all of you that the Brisson's are stubborn and will live to ride another day.

Mary

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mary, I wish John and his dad the best in their fight for recovery and will be praying for all of you. My wife and I went through something similar 2 months ago and as painful as it is for them right now I can only say from our experience it will get better as time goes by.

God bless,

Phil

·
ptcbob
79 Posts
My prayers are with you. I will bet this is not the drunk's first brush with the law. I hope they take him off the road this time.
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Mary, all of our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please give John our best - you've got 6500 strong at your back, so don't hesitate to ask for anything.

Cindy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mary, thank you for letting us know. Seems like people who drink and drive will never learn. Mainly because it's the innocent people who truly have to pay. I'll definately keep them in my prayers.

Marty

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mary,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you all. As was said above you have alot of folks behind you here. If there is anything I can do please let me know. God Bless
Pam

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mary,

I don't get on here to post very often, but I check things out daily. I am very sorry to hear about the accident John and his dad were in. Mythoughts and prayers go out to all for a full and speedy recovery. I hope they throw the book at the drunken guy that caused all the problem.

Keep us posted on the progress of both!!

God Bless you all

Wayne Manwaring

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Deep Thoughts and Prayers to John, his dad, you Mary and the entire family.
We're all here for you.

It's good to know that you also care enough about this close knit group to have let us known.

Godspeed on full and as speedy as heavenly possible recoveries.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mary,

Not a whole lot more I can say here that others here haven't already, I will keep your family in our prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

Mike

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
So very sorry to hear about John and his dad. My thoughts and wishes are with you all for a speedy recovery. Please tell John what a strong support system he has here and that we are all praying and rooting for him.

All the best.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Breaks my heart to hear this story. My prayers go out to you and your husband and father in law.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
sorry to hear one of our own was in an accident of this type, best wishes to you and the family.
I hope if and or when it happens to me my wife gets on here and posts like you did, we are one big support group, for our bikes and our people, as soon as he's up to it get him a laptop in there so he can still talk to us all!
hope they fry the drunk that did this, get well soon john and dad!!!!!!!

·
2,527 Posts
One of my friends lost his son last week in a bike accident when someone on their cell phone crossed over into the other lane and hit him head on. Glad to hear that didn't happen to John and his father. I wish them a speedy recovery. My prayers to out to them.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Dear Mary, thank you for letting our group know about John and his dad. That was so very thoughtful of you to take the time in the midst of all you're going through. I can imagine how John appreciates that, too.

I'm a respiratory therapist at a major trauma center in south Florida. Work with many bike and auto traumas and I will send you a PM (private message) on John's profile to let you know how to get in touch with me if you would like to ask any questions about John or his dad's ICU care. Always good to get an unbiased second opinion.

Right now I'm saying a prayer for the two of them and you as well. I am convinced of the power of prayer and I have seen first hand unexplainable miracles in health care when prayer was strong and persistent. Keep yourself surrounded by friends who can help, and please don't neglect yourself as you need to be strong and focused now. God will make a way.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Hang in there, sorry to hear about the accident and will pray for a speedy recovery. This is great forum with very caring people - let us know if you need anything. Just post a thread and we'll get it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mary:

I would like to echo all of the posts above. We will pray a hedge of protection around John his Dad and you. I will also put your family on our prayer list at church. You know you can't get too much of that. My best to you all.

Bob

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident and will pray for a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Mary. We'll keep you all in our thoughts and hope for a safe and fast recovery for them both.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts