Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered leather grips for my 08 9 about two months ago as a birthday present from my girl. I made sure I indicated metric cruiser. I tried to install them today and If quickly found out after screwing up my throttle sleeve that the grips were not the right ones.

I'm pissed because I thought I was cleaver and left my sleve on and slid the grip on after glueing. Low and behold the grip is an inch shorter on the interior. So I had to bust out my plastic housing from inside of the grip....Boy that glue really works well.

I called the company and they sent me the wrong part. So now I have to go to the overpriced kaw dealer and buy a throttle housing for 50 dollars. "insert curse words here":hitanykey

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Some one here may have one. There are a few bikes being parted out at this time.
I didn't think about that. I'll have to look at the OEM picture. I just need something temp. Thanks for the great idea. I've called and left messages as well as registered online for junk yards. Called dealers as well.
I checked the OEM for the VN750 and low and behold I found the part had the same part number and looks identical. Wow! Thanks NITERIDER!

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone awhile back posted about buying just the throttle tube from an eBay store for under 20 bucks. Do a search or perhaps someone here has the link?
There is one out there but he won't make a deal on the assembly he wants north of 80 bucks for the assembly and grip. I'm looking everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked a picture of the actual part for a VN750. I forgot but after seeing the picture I'm thinking the grip is the throttle assembly. It's all one part. Can anyone substantiate that for me. Damn!:drool:

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone awhile back posted about buying just the throttle tube from an eBay store for under 20 bucks. Do a search or perhaps someone here has the link?

YOU are the MAN! I did countless searches and came up with the part for 25 bucks plus shipping. I don't know why id didn't come up before but I'm sure there is something with the search criteria:wow:.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Yeah search vn750 throttle tube.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
The one for the EN454 is the same too....just a NB Mike, you couldda just loosened the throttle housing and slid it outwards to accomodate, no ?... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one for the EN454 is the same too....just a NB Mike, you couldda just loosened the throttle housing and slid it outwards to accomodate, no ?... ;)
There's a small round extrusion on the inside of housing and there's a small hole in the handlebars further up on the handle bar. This keeps the housing from slipping. The housing cannot be closed if that extrusion dosn't go into the hole further up on the handlebars.

But you are right, In a squeeze I could shave down that extrusion and slide it closer to the end of the bar.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just wanted to let everyone know that Mrcycleparts.com sent me five motorcycle junk yards across the country that had my part and requested I contact them. Seems like a good resource in a real pinch.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Lol...extrusions...I know what ya mean...mine were gone by 1986 I think...besides, and its my bad, but I often offer overall advice instead of VN specific...aint right I suppose, but I figured most have lost their bumps after a few years. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts