Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HID lighting went on the blink the other day so I had to switch to the high beam. I took apart the front headlight only to find rust so I sprayed flat black rust converter after sanding down the rough stuff. I took the lighting connections apart and found corrosion and moisture. I used a dremel to clean things up and used liquid electrical tape to seal a new HID unit I had on hand. I was surprised the water had snuck up some of the wires even though all cable connections were taped with electrical tape. I now know I didn't do such a great job. I feel much better now and am one step closer to painting the chrome flat black to avoid the hardship of the rust demon. Oh yea, I removed the fairing and had to drill out three bolts. I had an easy out from Harbor Freight. Made like Sheet but it did the job in all cases.

It was neat to see the goop in the plugs which had a fair amount of tape on them. I need to be much more careful in the future. This liquid electrical tape is the bomb!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
If ya ever make it up here (snakes are out btw)....I can soda blast it for ya.......but hay...ya can always go aftermarket custom with a 8".... ;)
My buddy Ed has em at his shop....7 miles....

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If ya ever make it up here (snakes are out btw)....I can soda blast it for ya.......but hay...ya can always go aftermarket custom with a 8".... ;)
My buddy Ed has em at his shop....7 miles....
Thanks Man, I need to come up and see you. I got behind on my taxes and now I'm working for the man. Trying to get caught up. I'll make it up this summer. You can count on it.

I loved the soda/sand blaster at college. I striped my fenders and gas tank using it. Then baked and powder coated them. Was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts