Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Frey
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting running boards on my 06 750 anyone got a suggestion on where to find some? All the ones I have found are for the 800 and 900.:confused:

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I have some already cut and ready to finish if you want to buy them. They just need smoothing out, holes drilled, mounted, and rubber glued on. Here's a link to pics.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Must just be me, but my 06 ("Clyde") that I wrecked had the stock pegs and I loved them, then I bought the used 06 and it had nice running boards that I hated...lol...
I must just like to be able to rock my feet back and forth on the pegs or something, I just didn't like the running boards... Everyone to their own I reckon...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I have the boards made by KM and I love them. So much more comfortable than the pegs. I can move my feet around forward and back they are just the best. Easy as pie to install and if you want to go back to the old pegs it's 2 screws on each side and you're back. I enjoy riding much more with them. :rockon: :motorcycl

·
Frey
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ksmnet- looked at them and will get back to ya. Old og I don't hate the pegs but like the boards looks. I kinda agree with gemguy with the moving of the feet thing I like to move my feet while on long hauls. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
You know it could have to do with your ridin style and where you ride, I love ridin the twisteis and being able to roll my feet around on the pegs, where some one with a different style and ridin the bigger roads might be more comfortable with the flats...
I also hocked an ancle a time or three with the boards but that could have been because I wasn't used to them...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
They are available at my web site link below.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
ksmnet- looked at them and will get back to ya. Old og I don't hate the pegs but like the boards looks. I kinda agree with gemguy with the moving of the feet thing I like to move my feet while on long hauls. Thanks for the input guys.
Just let me know, or send me a PM.

O.D., I don't like riding long distance with pegs. Even though the pegs are wider on the VN750 than most bikes, I still like floorboards better. I handle the twisties just fine with them, too. Like you said, though, everyone has their own preference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts