Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
oh by the way.....thanks, "EZ-C" for the "pm". that really made my day! maybe you should share that with the rest of the forum? I think they might agree with you too! lol
OK, Ruger!
I certainly didn't want to post this without your permission.
But here it is...
from The Gathering 2011...
I entitle this photo...

Ruger Sends a Message​

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
love it !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
And if you can't I'm sure you shouldn't be on the road.

Side note, when I was riding behind him at the gathering I really was craving a glass of tang for some reason.....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,681 Posts
OK, Ruger!
I certainly didn't want to post this without your permission.
But here it is...
from The Gathering 2011...
I entitle this photo...

Ruger Sends a Message​

well, it looks like it's time for another message to be sent!

I'm going to wear this from now on! I came within a foot of getting T-boned this morning on the way to work!! I had to swerve left of center (over the double yellow lines) because of some a-hole cager that was in TOO big of a hurry to make a LEFT HAND TURN, to look both ways BEFORE making their turn!!! :wow:
if I hadn't swerved then gunned it, I'd most likely be in the hospital right now! also, I would have been late for work too! lol
good thing that I'M WATCHING OUT for those cagers!

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
There's a BMW riding around my neck of the woods with a fluorescent yellow jacket with the exact same message.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Hell, I just had someone pull out in front of me at a traffic light (I had green, they were to my right, turning right into my lane), and I almost slammed right into the rear of their vehicle.

...and I was in my damn CAR...!!!! With the headlights on! Sheesh...

...and to beat it all? They went about 30 feet, and then wanted to make a left into the neighborhood across the street...

...and there wasn't anyone behind me...they couldn't wait 5 seconds for me to pass 'em and go on through the light...

Sheesh...

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Hell, I just had someone pull out in front of me at a traffic light (I had green, they were to my right, turning right into my lane), and I almost slammed right into the rear of their vehicle.

...and to beat it all? They went about 30 feet, and then wanted to make a left into the neighborhood across the street...

...and there wasn't anyone behind me...they couldn't wait 5 seconds for me to pass 'em and go on through the light...

Sheesh...
I've had this happen to me too .... I'd bet a nickel they were driving a BMW.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Lexus was third guess after Escalade .... I owe you a nickel.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
What gets me the most is...she looked *RIGHT* at me / my car, saw me hurtling towards her at 50mph, and even waited a few seconds...and THEN pulled out right in front of me. I seriously had to slam on the brakes to keep from plowing into this idiot.

Then she goes all of about 3 or 4 car lengths, and stops to make a left turn.

Grrrrrrrr....

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I came within a foot of getting T-boned this morning on the way to work!! I had to swerve left of center (over the double yellow lines) because of some a-hole cager that was in TOO big of a hurry to make a LEFT HAND TURN, to look both ways BEFORE making their turn!!! :wow:
if I hadn't swerved then gunned it, I'd most likely be in the hospital right now! also, I would have been late for work too! lol
good thing that I'M WATCHING OUT for those cagers!
Glad to hear you're OK, Ruger.

I made a bad choice yesterday. Came up behind a left-turning car on a side street. Impatient (though only 1 block from work), I began to go around it on the right. Unfortunatley, however, another car was simultaneously turning left - right in front of me! Fortunately, I was riding slowly enough to make a safe stop, and didn't T-bone the car, but the cager wasn't very happy with me! I wasn't happy with me, either...

:doh:

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

Sheesh...
When I was a truck driver, people would do this all the time. You could always figure that if someone pulled out right in front of you, they would turn off within 1/2 mile. Fortunately, I was always able to slow down and not hit anyone - even when I was fully loaded.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
About 25-30 years ago I had just crossed the largest Indian reservation in Canada, gone about another half a mile in the 10 ton truck I was driving and turned right onto another secondary highway. I had only proceeded about a quarter mile from the intersection, was still picking up speed and shifting gears when an old car, full of our First Nations People, came screaming past me, cut back closely in front of me, then slammed on the brakes in order to slow down to make the left turn into the little town just off the highway.:doh:

I had to slam on my brakes, leaving some impressive skid marks, to keep from collecting them as a hood ornament!! :wow: I try not to be racist and have some good friends who are native Canadians, but when I experience sterotypical occurances like this I just shake my head and mutter "drunken Ind--n"!!! There was no traffic approaching from the other direction, and the driver of the old car could have stayed in the passing lane to make the turn, or stayed behind me and made the turn only a couple of seconds later than he did.

There are idiots out there trying to ruin your day whether you are riding on two wheels, in a cage or in a truck with 10, 18, 26 or more wheels.

Keep your head on a swivel, and the shiny side up!!

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
An old "cheer" I remember from garbage truck days ..... "If they want to die so bad that they cut off our trucks why can't we oblige them?"

I know I know .... doesn't carry the same weight when we are on two wheels.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,681 Posts
I think "my message" vest, saved my butt today!

I ALMOST got creamed by some a-hole who was right behind a school bus. I mean this jack-nut, was on the bus's ass and there was noway in hell he could see ANYTHING in the oncoming lane! then he tries to make a LEFT HAND TURN right as I'm about to get to the end of the bus! I'm just cruising along this big school bus and right before I get to the end of it, all of a sudden this cage pops out right in front of me!

what I believe saved my ASS, was that I was wearing my "message" vest and that's what the cager saw and then stopped right in front of me! then they let me pass!

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you and the bike are OK!!! :smiley_th

Coming up your way Wednesday-Thursday, but have no time to stop and play. A 3 1/2 year old girl from our parish is having serious surgery at the Cleveland Clinic (hemispherectomy).

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,681 Posts

Coming up your way Wednesday-Thursday, but have no time to stop and play. A 3 1/2 year old girl from our parish is having serious surgery at the Cleveland Clinic (hemispherectomy).
wow!

the good thing is she will be with some of the best DR's around! she will be in very good hands!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts