Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group,

I would like to go through and replace all the rubber hoses on my engine. (Coolant hoses, fuel lines, vacuum lines, etc.) I was on ronayers.com looking up all the OEM parts and the prices are out of control. So my question is this: Do any of you know cheaper options or are the OEM parts the only way to go? For example, I’m sure some or all of the coolant hoses could be cut to size from a generic length of hose. Same goes for the fuel and vacuum lines. If this is true, does anyone know the different sizes and specs I would need? Also, should I replace the thermostat if the bike is close to overheating during mid-day driving?

Thank you for your time.
Adam

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
should just be the industry standards for cars and trucks....

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
you can get by with industry standards but in the USA, the standards are usually in inches and the bike does use metric sized hoses.

I haven't looked at the coolant hoses but if there is one with a wild bend or a loop, you may have to go with the factory replacement (for that one at least).... or you can take yours off (or get a set from a junk motor), go to an autoparts store and find hoses that have the needed bend(s) and be the correct size provided they are for (smaller?) import cars.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
you should be able to get bulk hose with the right spec's in metric too in the US. try calling around to auto part stores. Keep in mind, ricers are big now. With that some need custom hoses (engine swaps, ect.) and those use metrics too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts