Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few of the RR Relo brackets made and ready for shipping.

I have three black powderocated kits available and a few of the naked aluminum. The kits come with the bracket, stainless socket bolts with washers and nuts, an allen key and the instructions for the installation.

The price (including shipping to the lower 48) is:

Black RR bracket kit - $40 each

Aluminum (not powdercoated) RR bracket kit - $35 each

I accept Paypall to [email protected]

A relo'ed RR can be seen at http://www.bulldogsbike.com/relorr.htm

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
To the VN750 riders who aren't familiar with this mod:

Relocating your bike's regulator/rectifier (the "r/r") is a great preventive maintenance mod for your bike. This mod will move the r/r away from a major heat source (the bike's pre-muffler system), allowing the r/r to last much longer than it would, otherwise.

This mod can also help the bike's stator last longer, as well.

Bulldog's bracket is the first available (that I've seen, anyway) that is specifically designed for this purpose, giving the r/r move more of an original "factory" look.

Even though this bracket positions the r/r so that water can't pool inside the r/r's plug, it's still a good idea to pack this plug with dielectric grease (inside and out) before reconnecting the plug in this mod.

This connection is much too important to leave it exposed to possible corrosion, later.

Just some food for thought that can save headache and hassle on down the road......:smiley_th

·
Registered
659 Posts
I might be interested in one of these. What brand is the black RR on your site? I like the look of that better than the silver one.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might be interested in one of these. What brand is the black RR on your site? I like the look of that better than the silver one.
The RR on my webpage is the stock OEM RR that is on the bike. The RR Relo kit relocates the RR that is currently on the bike. It does not include a new RR. The RR on my VN750 is a Elextrix (silver). The RR on the webpage is a Kawasaki OEM on a freinds bike (gray/black).

But my kit is only for the parts necessary to relocate the RR. Not replace it...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do you have to drill the frame to install this? Or does it just bolt on? I may be interested in just the non-powder coated one. Thanks!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Do you have to drill the frame to install this? Or does it just bolt on? I may be interested in just the non-powder coated one. Thanks!
They mount between the left passengers foot peg & the frame.
No drilling, just un-bolt, re-bolt.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh, ok....I like these then. Will send PM on a plain aluminum one. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
PM'd you - interested in a black powdercoated one.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BUMP!!! Need to sell two more to justify my Airhawk butt pad for the KY Lake trip this month :)

·
hummer5955
12 Posts
I better relocate my R/R. Haven't had alot of hot riding but I believe in the prevention. My regulatior is aluminum in color but I think the black bracket will look better on the black frame. Has anybody gone this route? Do you have the black in stock and ready to ship?

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll powdercoat a few more this weekend for shipment next week.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm in for a powder coated one! Money just sent! Let me know if you got it!

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in for a powder coated one! Money just sent! Let me know if you got it!
Got it. It will be sent most likely on Monday. Ya coming to the Gathering???

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
have any more of the powder coated brackets still left bulldog?
Yes. I worked up a new batch the other night. I have four black powderocated kits available and a few of the naked aluminum. The kits come with the bracket, stainless socket bolts with washers and nylock-nuts, an allen key, a dab of dielectric grease and the instructions for the installation.

The price (including shipping to the lower 48) is:

Black RR bracket kit - $40 each

Aluminum (polished - not powdercoated) RR bracket kit - $35 each

I accept Paypall to [email protected]

A relo'ed RR can be seen at http://www.bulldogsbike.com/relorr.htm

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just got it today! Just installed it. My only complaint, small one, is that the holes that hold the R/R be 2mm or so farther apart. Went on fine, just didn't seem to be lined up perfectly. Not complaining, just informing. Thanks Bulldog! I hope this works and keeps Big Green running awesome! When/Where is the meeting?

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got it today! Just installed it. My only complaint, small one, is that the holes that hold the R/R be 2mm or so farther apart. Went on fine, just didn't seem to be lined up perfectly. Not complaining, just informing. Thanks Bulldog! I hope this works and keeps Big Green running awesome! When/Where is the meeting?
I'm glad that you received it. The mounting holes are drilled to accomidate both the OEM and the Electrosport RR's. One of them has adjustable mounting and one is dead on. I will verfiy that the template is set up for both tonight. Thanks for the feedback...

The Gathering is at Kentucky Lake, KY from June 22nd to 26. Check out the VN750 YahooGroup for more info...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts