Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the group and I have a problem with my RPMs hanging at around 3000-4000RPM in between shifting.

I just bought my 98 750 a few months ago and noticed this problem and noticed that I wasn't getting the MPG I should be. I took it to the local Kawasaki shop for the 20,000 mile service and they said that my RPMs were hanging because the previous owner had turned the idle adjust knob up too high to hide the fact that rear carb was dropping out and they suggested a carb cleaning because my pilot jet was probably clogged. So my dad and I pull the carbs, cleaned them up real good, they were not that dirty and I didn't see anything blocking the pilot jet but I guess it was good to go ahead and clean them. After getting the carbs back together, I took it out for a ride around the block and everything was fine. Once I headed home though, the RPMs started hanging again in between shifting making it difficult to shift gears. :doh:

Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?:confused:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Set idle rpm at 1100 and make sure you have some slack in the throttle cables at the carbs. Make sure the choke is completely closed and plungers are down.

Adjust the idle rpm's when engine is at normal operating temperature. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idle is already set at 1100rpm, choke and throttle cables have enough slack, choke is completely closed and plungers are down.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
You are about 10 miles from me, PM me your contact info. :beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts