Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a VN750, (first bike) I'm a pretty sound mechanic with cars but I don't have a first clue with bikes this is a learning process for me. When I start the bike with choke, let it warm up, release the choke and let it idle after adjusting the idle switch it idles perfectly right at 1100 RPM, when I start driving the RPMS get hung up between 3k-4k, sometimes when I try to force the throttle closed by pushing forward on it the RPMs drop back to normal, sometimes they don't. Can anyone point me in the right direction on fixing this? I'm assuming it's an issue with the throttle cable but I could be wrong

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
There’s 2 cables, and accelerator and a decelerator, they could be sticking or there could be an air leak in the carb, if it sucks in too much air it’ll rev erratically

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apart from that the only issue with the bike is it has a gas cap that's kind of just dangling open, previous owner jammed the key and got it stuck so it will not close correctly. Don't know if that could cause a lean condition or not but just thought I'd throw that out there

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
The cap has a small opening in it anyway to not cause a vacuum lock, I’d be more worried about something getting in there then it impacting how the bike runs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts