Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just finished replacing my stator and r/r after letting it sit for 2 months. It charges great at 14 volts. The only problem is that it idles great but it will not rev. When it warms up if I put the choke on it will die, but yet when I hit the throttle it will sputter and die. Also , the throttle cable is really sticky. I have to push twist it back to close the throttle, its that sticky. When the cable is unconnected from the carbs it moves freely.
And 1 more question. On the right side of the bike, on the front frame, next to the radiator there is a hose about a foot long hanging there by a metal clip. Seems like it is some kind of vent hose.
Thanks for your help,
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
It sounds like the throttle linkage in the carbs is binding. Check this by using your finger to move the throttle assembly where the cables connect to the carb. If it is stiff, try hitting the assembly with some WD 40 or similar. If that doesn't loosen it up, you will most likely have to pull the carbs and look into why they bind.

The tube hanging down is the crankcase vent tube. It is connected to the surge tank on the right side and should run down the right side downtube under the radiator cover. Mine then turns and runs along the bottom cross member.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts