Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was thinking of purchasing a round style master cylinder to replace my old worn rectangle style master cylinder. Other than physical shape is there any difference. Will the brake lever from a rectangle style work on a round style? I would have to assume that the brake hose connections are the same. Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Hello. I was thinking of purchasing a round style master cylinder to replace my old worn rectangle style master cylinder. Other than physical shape is there any difference. Will the brake lever from a rectangle style work on a round style? .
No. They are different. I forget which is newer...but I'd go with that as parts , and levers, for the older model one may get scarcer.

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The rectangular MC was used on the`85-`90 models, and has a *dog leg* bend to keep it lined up with the handbar grips.

My understanding is that the newer, round MC used from 1991 models onward, is a direct bolt on replacement, but requires the *flat* lever to line up properly with the grips.

I recall a post a few months back with pictures of a round MC with a lever from an older rectangular one attached, and it projected down at an angle of perhaps 15* or so. Not a comfortable or safe situation I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts