Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ron Mullinix / Lance328

I have yet to send a card of condolence, but in preparing one had the following thought...
If I take the time to copy and paste every post in Wiley's "We lost a Great Man today,He will be missed by all!" thread and include it with the card, would it be appropriate?
Any objections? Good idea/Bad idea??

WORD document format would look like this:

<snip>
Wileysden
This morning 2/22/2011 we lost Ron Mullinix / Lance328. He passed in his sleep. I rode with Ron yesterday,it was a great day.Later that evening we had a beer and some good fellowship.I stayed the night as I always do after a ride.Ron gave a blanket and said "Goodnight". I woke up around 4:30am to get ready to leave. I'm always the first one up in the Mullinix house,put on my leather & fired up the bike.I have about a 2hr ride home.After getting home I got a call from Ron's #.It was his mom{she was in tears} she let me know that my BEST FRIEND had passed in his sleep.I'm still in shock! I will pass on more info when I get it. I miss you Brother! RIP

OlHossCanada
I am in shock too. I can`t believe he is gone. Ron so freely gave of his of knowledge and help to any who needed it here on the board.
Ron you will be sorely missed here. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

asbrand
I just dropped my bike off at Ron's 8 days ago to get some work done. We went riding for about 70 miles before I left it there. He was way too young to go this early.
My condolences to his family, friends, and all of us. He will be missed.

<snip>

etc....

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
sounds good to me

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Sounds cool!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
It would be a good way to let the family know how highly this forum regarded Ron. Good idea.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
sounds good to me also!

I bought a card last night and was going to mail it out today. I was thinking of signing it from all of us from this forum. so, yeah, I think what you had in mind is a good idea.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
sounds good to me also!

I bought a card last night and was going to mail it out today. I was thinking of signing it from all of us from this forum. so, yeah, I think what you had in mind is a good idea.
Yeah, maybe you or VoIP Doc could post and get a list for all that want to sign the card...
I think that would be good, we could just use our user names that would be the about the same, since that is how he knew us...
RIP Ron...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, maybe you or VoIP Doc could post and get a list for all that want to sign the card...
I think that would be good, we could just use our user names that would be the about the same, since that is how he knew us...
RIP Ron...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Old Dog,
I think it's implied all the posters of Wiley's thread would want to sign the card. I could certainly include those sentiments in the card.
BTW: This is NOT in lieu of everyone else sending cards....it's just a collaboration of our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great idea!!!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Very nicely done. Thanks for doing this for the rest of us.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK....I have prepared a 10 page/70+ posts WORD document that includes nearly all posts in Wiley's announcement and several from LP's "Life" thread. I took the liberty to rearrange the order of some posts to better accommodate the format and made some spelling corrections. Multiple comments by individuals were combined....Content was not changed in any way.
If anyone wants to offer further condolences to the family, please post them in Wiley's "We lost a Great Man...." thread. Card/letter goes out Monday

Respectfully,
Friend of Ron

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
This is a wonderful idea VOiP Doc. It is an honor to have my words and name counted with the members of this board. I will be mailing a personal card of my own as well.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Good job! I sent a card also. This family one is awesome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts