Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you don't already know, www.ronayers.com is one of the places to buy new Kawasaki parts at lower prices. They have an online fiche for all years of the VN750 which is linked to their ordering system. You have to know the part number for accessories (find at Kawasaki web site). Check their return policy to see if it will meet your needs.

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
You can also get them cheaper than Ron Ayers here, but you have to call them to place the order, and in my case they were a bit slow to get and ship the back rest to me. The total for my extended back rest, including shipping was $140.

http://www.rongreenesportscenter.com/

RB

·
Registered
134 Posts
RB,

Thanks for that info.

As for www.ronayers.com - they are great. Very solid reputation on many different MC forums. They are especially popular for tires and I've dealt with them for OEM and some aftermarket parts like DP brand brake pads and they were cheaper than everyone by far. Excellent svce and quick delivery!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Damn, too bad I know about this site when I needed a new igniter a few months ago. I could have saved about a hundred bucks...

Live and learn.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
One note about Ron Ayers and part numbers..
You do not have to get the part number from buykawasaki.com. Ron Ayers has an online fiche on their web page along the right hand side. Click through the options until you find the diagram with your part. A click on the part number along the left side of the fiche brings up their price and order option. Saves a bit of time when trying to find things.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great! I just bought carb float valve at bike bandit and got had for at least $10. I am glad to know bike bandiot has some competition. I recently bought tires at RA but I will now begin seeking their prices and bye bye bike bandit and their bad return policies.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Ayers return policies aren't much better and their shipping is more. They also take a week just to process your order before they ship it. If the price difference is only a couple of bucks, you'll get the part quicker thru BB. I have used both and BB gets me the parts quicker and depending on shipping, sometimes cheaper even though the part itself is a bit more expensive. If the order is large, I tend to go with Ayers. Just my .02

·
Registered
28 Posts
To add to Sky's post, Ron Ayers will NOT let you know if something is backordered. AND they hold your WHOLE order if something is! I have taken to calling them about twice a week to check on the status.

It took them a month to get me an engine bolt for my Concours.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I use Cheapcycleparts.com to order Kaw OEM. They have been super with fast service. Customer service is terrific.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
They are about 15-20 minutes from me. I believe they are a parts outlet for the local dealer. http://www.sspowersports.com/
Just bought the Louisville location, formerly Wheels for Fun, which is where I bought my bike.
Wow! I wish I had a local wholesale dealer right next door. In general, If you're calling and get them before 12pm , as I did today to order parts, they will deliver in two business days for a fee. I'm rebuiding my final Gear cass assembly due to leak and cannot say enought about cheap's fast delivery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts