Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides JM2001 and myself, are there any other members in the flower city?

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
Don't forget about me. And Stetson, I have relatives in your area. Reader family. Never Rode the bike down there though. May take that trip this summer as I have not seen them in a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
One more...If you count just South of 5 & 20!

Jeff from East Bloomfield
2002 VN750
Hi Jeff,
PM Dariv, Cheeser or me about riding sometime. I like to go out 15A towards Hemlock, then over to Canadice, then to Conesus, back to Rochester. Nice ride overlooking the lakes.
Jim

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jeff,
PM Dariv, Cheeser or me about riding sometime. I like to go out 15A towards Hemlock, then over to Canadice, then to Conesus, back to Rochester. Nice ride overlooking the lakes.
Jim
THat sounds like a good ride to me....... :smiley_th

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't forget about me. And Stetson, I have relatives in your area. Reader family. Never Rode the bike down there though. May take that trip this summer as I have not seen them in a long time.
I know of a couple Reader families...

By all means you should make the trip, more beautiful rides around here than you can shake a stick at!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jeff,
Jim
I'd be up for that...

I made a similar run last weekend: Honeoye > Canadice > Springwater > Wayland > Cohocton > Naples > Bristol loop with a "rest" stop along the way at the Middletown Tavern in Naples. Heading south towards Canadice on CR37 is one of the most scenic views in the area!

I must warn you though...my bike came with Cobra pipes and they are a tad bit loud!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
120 Posts
In the area

Medina NY. About halfway between Rochester and Buffalo

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
I know of a couple Reader families...

By all means you should make the trip, more beautiful rides around here than you can shake a stick at!
We will have to try and set something up. Definitely keep me posted.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have to take a weekend trip up to the area this summer as I need to check out the psychology departments in a few of the SUNY schools ... maybe some of the members of the board might want to ride along as I head north?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I have to take a weekend trip up to the area this summer as I need to check out the psychology departments in a few of the SUNY schools ... maybe some of the members of the board might want to ride along as I head north?
Can't ride too far north from Rochester, there is a 210 mile x 55 mile lake 1 mile north of me LOL. We will definitely meet up with you and ride. Let us know when you might be coming. I went to SUNY at Cortland.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dad was the chair of the Psychology dept. at SUNY Brockport..... but now he's retired. I wouldn't mind ridding up there......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do any of you local guys run over-sized tires?

I need to replace my original stock tires and was curious if you have any feedback...

Jeff

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check my sig.............
The tires are a huge improvement, IMHO

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
Check my sig.............
The tires are a huge improvement, IMHO
Agreed...you simply can't believe how much more stable the bike is with the oversize. :smiley_th

But this thread really belongs in the Tires/Suspension forum. Better to post your question there and see what others think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a new Vulcan owner in Rochester.

I live in Webster, and just started riding this year. Started with an '82 Honda CM250C, which is great but lacks power on the expressways. I just bought an '86 Vulcan 750 and am going to the DMV tomorrow so I can start riding it legally! I went on the Dakota poker run, and have done a few other longer rides, but am still relatively green. I have a friend in Chili I usually ride with, but would love to expand my riding network. Would also be great to have someone to bounce things off as I am learning about my new bike.
Todd

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Dariv and I are in Greece,NY. I ride the Lake Road in Webster a lot. Send a pm if you want to ride or need info. I have a 150 mile ride scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 18, around 4 lakes. We'll have about 25 bikes going.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am formerly of Greece, my buddy Charlie (also from Greece) just got a Vulcan and has been prowling around the forum. I will get a message to him to maybe look you guys up

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm free later today or Sunday after noon.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts