Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Hey! Welcome back!

I'm afraid to drive my car in NJ, much less ride my bike there. No offense - he he - but Jersey drivers are worse than Montgomery County, MD drivers!!

Wildwood's nice, though - and what a great time of year to go!

·
1992 Vulcan 750
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm originally from NJ, near NYC, and the roads that used to scare me the most were the Cross Bronx Distressway and the intersection of Routes 4 & 17 in Paramus. But, after living for 16+ years in the DC area, I can honestly say that I'm more terrified to drive around the DC area than anywhere in NJ or NY (including NYC).

Anyway, I attended last year's Roar to the Shore, just after I got my motorcycle license but about 10 months before owning a motorcycle. Talking with the vendors was as much fun as looking at all of the bikes lining the streets. And, as Cindi said, the weather was great and post-Labor Day is a great time to visit.

And, for someone who's new to riding, the two paragraphs above lead into this final one. How do you get to Wildwood from Maryland without having to deal with interstate highways -- or at least minimizing their use? Has anyone ever taken US-40 on a similar trip? Or would heading to the Eastern Shore and using the Cape May-Lewes Ferry be a better option?

Hey! Welcome back!

I'm afraid to drive my car in NJ, much less ride my bike there. No offense - he he - but Jersey drivers are worse than Montgomery County, MD drivers!!

Wildwood's nice, though - and what a great time of year to go!

·
Registered
415 Posts
First off sorry I never got back to you Cindy. I've been dealing with a heavier than normal work load and had a few domestic issues. Hope it all worked out okay.

I've done the Cape May Ferry by car. It's a nice ride through back roads of the eastern shore. If I went this is the way I would go.

·
239 Posts
I agree with Creastiy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts