Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is considering going to the Roar to the Shore in Wildwood, NJ this year. It will be held from September 4 to September 7 which is Thursday to Sunday. I have made it the last four years or so and it is a really good time. If anyone decides to go and wants to meet up down there just shoot me a line and we can exchange cell numbers. Last year I lost out on my regular place to stay but still found a low cost room in Wildwood Crest just three or four miles away once I got down there. I believe the bike count was over 80,000 and they expect a good number more this year. Check the website if you are at all interested as they have lots of different things going on the entire time. Bill is going down also and will probably take his trike. I want to convince him to enter it in the show on Saturday on the boardwalk. It is not too early for those that may need to make plans for time off from work or if you are in the NJ/NY/PA/CT vicinity you could come down Friday night or early Saturday morning.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I will miss many of the rides/events this year due to work schedule and weddings/graduation etc...

BUT....I may be able to do this event this year.
I'll let you know as we get closer, but right now the calendar is open for this event.

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump. Bump. Bump.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I think my buddy is having an engagement party, I was going to come to this, I better check the dates...

I would do an early morning ride down and leave the same day, its crazy but that's how I am.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Yep that weekend is out. I should become a hermit or just say no to things lol

Kenny

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I was planning on going. I even had an offer to rent a place cheap for the weekend, but could not get anyone willing to go down with me and split the cost.
I would even consider driving down 3 hours and 3 hours back the same day if someone was willing to come with me. The wife can't go so I am still unsure if I will make it this year.
Anyone know of a campsite local that is cheap?

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump. This is really a great four days with a huge number of bikes to see. Right in NJ without the long ride down to Daytona or out to Sturgis. Well worth a few hours ride. 80,000+ bikes to see.

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump. Roar to the Shore Thursday September 4th to Sunday September 7th. One week to go. Anyone going either overnight or just for one day please give me a shout. Maybe we can do some riding at some point during that time.

80,000+ bikes are expected and it is on the east coast within easy riding distance for a large number of forum members.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Ya know Tommy...I always loved south Jersey....first time I got laid....a girl drivin her BFs 58 Corvette and Loggins and Messina "Angry Eyes" was playin....

Ya know...if I could bypass the bullsheit between me and you (talkin drivers/roads) Id frickin love it....them roads are cool down there....

See brother....I just really cant deal with ridin though congested areas....it freaks me out, I aint used to it....I went to Wayne with Ant and Kenny...almost got whacked....and thats just Wayne....If I could get a trailer to rin me and 2 others down...in a heartbeat....but central Jersey is lethal....

I'd love to go but that's the weekend my twin gets married. I should prolly go to that...
Bring the Twin and have em get married there....I would....

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I wish I could go but I can't lose the money. I work 2-7 on Sat and Sun and it's on the side.

I really want to go! Damn!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
there are idiot drivers everywhere, if ya want to barrow the truck and trailer wolf you can, you put gas in the truck, I personally do not think it is worth it.

Trailering a bike to a bike event in the same state - I don't know.... I am sure there are backroads, nothing like a nice 7 hour ride lol

kenny

·
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.....Trailering a bike to a bike event in the same state - I don't know.... I am sure there are backroads, nothing like a nice 7 hour ride lol

kenny
I fully agree. I saw a helmet sticker once that read, "I biked my trailer to Trailer Week." That says it all. Trailering a bike unless it is a true show bike and you are taking it some distance to an honest big time show is a bit out there. If you are going to trailer your normal rider bike why even take it. Then you have two vehicles and a trailer to worry about parking. If you are going to put the bike back on the trailer each night than you might as well just stay home and ride up and down the ramp ten times a day. This was not directed at anyone specific but I have seen it down at Wildwood a few times and always laughed. Getting there is half the fun. Bill and I will take ride down and make at least one stop if not two although we can do it easily in just one shot. We stop for lunch and may hit a winery after lunch depending on weather and time. Sometimes we eat dessert at a different place than the actual lunch. Cruising into Wildwood in the afternoon with a huge long line of bikers is fun to watch and to be a part of. It is one big roar that goes nonstop for hours and hours into the night.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
But the only backroads I know to south Jersey are thru Pennsy, lol....
Whats that road that goes thru Flemmington ?....that wasnt too bad....once I got down that far (almost Philly)...I could memme manage....and I dont mind a long ride....its just that most middle Jersey roads aint backroads, lol....

Sept 4th and after....I SHOULD have my check by then....I dunno...mebbe...Im not really in a good state right now....this bar crap next door has been killin me....Im snappin at everyone right now....this ride would prolly ease a lotta that....if i get my check on time....mebbe.....I cant promise now....I got 50 cents to last me till the first....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts