Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
VN 750 1994 RED/BLACK/SILVER
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read an article by I think it was Motorcycle Cruiser .com e-magazine? Tested bikes about and around 800 cc Yamaha Virago, Suzuki Intruder, Maurader, Kawasaki VN 800's too. Honda Shadow, Harley Davidson 883 Sportster and according to the tester's opinions the VN 750 A, I think didn't fair too well, with the competition. for character...but what do they the tester's know? Anybody, else read this test n' others that are around ?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I read an article where they focused on “mid size” cruisers, it was published in the early 2000’s. From what I remember the 750 surprised the riders in terms of power and performance (other that soft front end) but the big con was how small the rear seat was and lack of luggage space.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dual discs are nice but it is too much stopping power if you nail that lever too hard. I locked up the front wheel once then let go quick!

·
Registered
VN 750 1994 RED/BLACK/SILVER
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dual discs are nice but it is too much stopping power if you nail that lever too hard. I locked up the front wheel once then let go quick!
I have ridden Kawasaki's with both single and double front discs and I must admit that on two identical bikes I have both single and dual/twin discs and the latter gives me more confidence if riding hard. But I rarely grab a handful, except in emergencies, I "feather" the brakes, kind of like an ABS unit would do, many years ago, instructor's from the Police, taught us the most important three words in riding..." Keep your distance", also we were taught to drop back if unsure to give a better view of the situation and to ride 4 feet from the "crown" of the road, (White lines). At the time the British Police were on 750 Norton Commandos!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts