Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a question. Does anybody have a way to rise up off the seat with these forward pegs? I used to do it in my 440, ya know get your butt upa few inches so your legs work like shocks for when you go over pot holes, or huge chunks of missing freeway. For those not in Cali we have some HORRID roads out here, and freeways thanks to bad spending, no civil planners, and too many people.

But I was trying to do this one day on the 750, and I couldn't get myself up. I tried pulling up on the bars but then I got a bit unstable. Does anybody else use this practice or just grit your teeth and deal with the bump?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I have the knifemaker floorboards and can rise off the seat (still not that easy to do). I have not tried to do it with the stock pegs.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i do it here in texas all the time with stock pegs. just takes time getting used to the change in ballance. only have to raise an inch or 2

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Off the Seat

While it is truly difficult to raise up on those pegs I have learned to lean forward and raise my butt off the seat. That appears to be the best solution.
It's almost the the same motion as you would use to slide a chair forward when you are seated." (still holding onto the bars of course):smiley_th

·
Now what
400 Posts
*But I was trying to do this one day on the 750, and I couldn't get myself up. I tried pulling up on the bars but then I got a bit unstable. *

I think it just takes some practice. The 750 was my first and only bike so I don't know any better. I just pull on the handles, push with my legs and up I go.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I just slide my butt up the seat a little bit to straighten out my legs a little, seems to work for me.Had a 440 myself, best little bike I ever owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.