Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to go black and chrome w my bike and its a 94
i have the all silver wheels
???would it b better to paint my wheels to match the older ones w the black in them or

just find some used good ones already that way

and what years were they done like that

black with the silver ring and silver spoke centers??

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
I think the black wheels were just on the first year model, the 700, and maybe the following model?

Painting them is the way to go, even better would be to have them powder-coated.

A few folks here have painted their wheels... The hard part really is making sure the wheel is clean and free of grease.

I plan on painting my Vulcan's wheels black too, but only leaving the outer rim silver.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I painted mine too,,the same as denny has his !. They look 100% better,easier to clean. and i think they look more "modern". yep,i like em painted. :smiley_th

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
When you guys painted them, did you mask off the rim and spoke edges or scrape the paint off afterward? They look great. Denny I like the red detail.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
vulcanpower wrote:
Yes KM, they're on the 86 as well.

They were on the '86 as well. :smiley_th

Were they on the 86 as well?

I'd mask of the rims as best as you can. The spokes I would just wipe the paint off rather than trying to tape them. Laquer thinner does a good job of cleaning off " not completely dry" paint. Just make sure not to get any on the parts you want to keep painted.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
My 86 VN750 A2 has stock Black/Silver rims

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
My 86 VN750 A2 has stock Black/Silver rims
Thanks... I think we repeatedly here pointed out that the 86 model had black wheels....I was joking about it , but again thanks for confirming this.

Now, which years had chrome sidecovers?

And, trivia -- did they ever come with chrome fenders ?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Thanks... I think we repeatedly here pointed out that the 86 model had black wheels....I was joking about it , but again thanks for confirming this.

Now, which years had chrome sidecovers?

And, trivia -- did they ever come with chrome fenders ?
I know they had chrome covers at least up to 92 after that i can't say and yes on the chrome fenders,but they were offered overseas,not sure about US models ,but I don't think so.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
1,100 Posts
Were they on the 86 as well?
lol :dead_hors (you always give me a good laugh km)

I'd mask of the rims as best as you can. The spokes I would just wipe the paint off rather than trying to tape them. Laquer thinner does a good job of cleaning off " not completely dry" paint. Just make sure not to get any on the parts you want to keep painted.
Thanks for the info Knifemaker. Been thinking a little about doing that maybe when I take it apart to relube the spline etc. Thought maybe doing charcoal or midnight blue instead of black might look good. The naked rims seem next to impossible to keep clean. Not that u spend much time on them when there's ridin' to be done.:motorcycl

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
'87-'98

Yes! The chrome fenders (front and rear), chrome front pegs, and chrome kickstand were either options or accessories in '91 and '92 in the U.S.

Give the man a cigar ( like the nice Primo del Ray I am smoking currently...while my two racks of rib are smoking on some good American hickory...)

And yes, chrome fenders were standard on Euro models for several years too.

Those that have chrome side covers and wish to paint them are strongly urged to trade them out with members looking for chrome covers. They are sought after...as are the few chrome fenders that are in the US.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Give the man a cigar ( like the nice Primo del Ray I am smoking currently...while my two racks of rib are smoking on some good American hickory...)
You're making me want a good Dominican with Brandy while I BBQ my Tri-Tip. :beerchug:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine is a 92. Imported into the United Kingdom in 1996. It has chrome side covers on,,which i thought were standard. but,the fenders are black same as the tank main color.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 94 has chrome side covers. also has the black fenders matching the main tank cover. New to riding and this is my first bike

·
1,100 Posts
My 94 has chrome side covers. also has the black fenders matching the main tank cover. New to riding and this is my first bike
Excellent. Enjoy your new to you ride.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts