Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 and I was wondering if I can put rigid/hard saddlebags on my vulcan. Any sugggestions on where to purchase these?

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I love my ammo cans and get compliments on the street pretty often. They saved my ass in a slip and slide experiment (I went down) a few months ago. They're waterproof and best of all - cheap.

There's an older thread on here somewhere about em - holler if ya want it found.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
I own a 2003 and I was wondering if I can put rigid/hard saddlebags on my vulcan. Any sugggestions on where to purchase these?
It can be done. If you purchase on eBay, be wary of the cheap ones out there. Measure the size you want. I ended up with Bates saddlebags from the 1970's... They work great on the Vn750...

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Hey Vulcanator,

I have a set of hard bags from Leatherlyke on my Sportster and I love 'em. They are solid, lockable and made out of tough ABS plastic, they look like leather. Riding through a heavy rain storm a little water came through the key holes on top though, so I wouldn't call them 100% water tight. I plan on getting a set for my 750 Vulcan in the next few months, but I can't decide on whether or not to get them with the studs and conchos or just plain for the VN. It's very easy to disconnect and remove them if you don't feel like having them on for the day. Kit includes bags, all mounting hardware, two keys for the locks, and turn signal relocation bracket and wire extensions. When I installed them on my last bike it took me about two hours in total from the time I opened the shipping box to the time to ride with them on. They also sell three different sizes of matching top boxes which can be mounted to the luggage rack or sissybar. Look them up at www.leatherlyke.com

-Sloppy

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
The leatherlyke site looks like it's down at this moment, maybe they're doing maintenance on it tonight. Their bags all pretty much look the same, so if you do a google image search for leatherlyke you'll see lots of pictures of them on various bikes.

-Sloppy

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Also have a look at www.tsukayu.com

At this point I think I'm going to go with "GA hard saddlebags" from www.mutazu.com for $115 mounted on the Kawasaki F&S factory saddlebag supports. Will post pics when done.

-Sloppy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts