Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
knees in the breeze!!!
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok when at a idle my right side exhaust pipe is kinda blubering a bit when the left is a constant rumble

almost sounds like the front cyl is either missing or got too much fuel not sure which

it sounds fine to me going down the road but then again its de goated and one side might be drowning out the other

i have ran the air mix screw on the left side all the way in and then out to 4 turns and it still does it it should be the same on both pipes right?
 

·
knees in the breeze!!!
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody has any ideas?? really??
 

·
If only it had 6th gear..
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
4 turns out on those idle mix screws is too much in my opinion. Should be 2.5 to start with then make very small adjustments from there. I'm talkin 1/4 - 1/2 turn and wait a couple of seconds for change then another 1/4 - 1/2. I got mine to idle beautifully by going slowly with the adjustments. I'm probably at around 2 3/4 on one and 3 on the other but I also changed my jets. If you're running the stock air cleaners (ears) then yours would probably be a little less. You asked if they should be the same...They don't need to be exact but they should be fairly close on an engine in decent condition.

Sometimes people run the idle too low on these v twins because they sound cool but they're not designed to idle low. Oil pressure will suffer and it won't charge right. May even foul up a bit if too long, like if you're in traffic a lot. They're supposed to idle at 1100. Just putting it out there in case, since you haven't had it long.

When it's idling does it smell if you stand behind it? That's a good indication that it's rich. Hope this helps. Update when you can.
Dave
 

·
knees in the breeze!!!
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do i check the carb balance
 

·
Linkmeister Supreme
Joined
·
7,960 Posts

·
knees in the breeze!!!
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no seafoam i have some tho how much per tank
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,054 Posts
For this issue I'd try and fill the carbs with straight seafoam and let it sit at least a day or two. You can pull off the fuel hoses from the petcock and load the carbs from there. That's what I'd do. Once you've done that you can drain the carbs from the drain screws on the bottom of the bowls, then button things back up and put about 1/3 or 1/2 a can of seafoam in the tank of gas and ride it like you stole it for a day or so and about 90% of the time it will be fixed. The other 10% have to pull the carbs and clean them.

As a preventative measure, about once a month I put some seafoam in a full tank of gas on my bike, about 2-3 oz. I keep a bottle in my saddlebag so it is always around. It's great stuff. There's another thread on here right now talking about the miracle of seafoam. Check it out here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Hi Tofer76,

I have a similar issue and have been following this thread...so where did things end-up with this problem? Did you get it straightened out? If so, what worked for you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
ok when at a idle my right side exhaust pipe is kinda blubering a bit when the left is a constant rumble

almost sounds like the front cyl is either missing or got too much fuel not sure which

it sounds fine to me going down the road but then again its de goated and one side might be drowning out the other

i have ran the air mix screw on the left side all the way in and then out to 4 turns and it still does it it should be the same on both pipes right?
As mentioned in previous posts-- Pilot jet may be dirty, need a carb sync, 2 1/2 to 3 turns out on the air/fuel mixture screw is usually good, and I would check for a weak spark plug or bad spark plug wire. Also the float could be set wrong.
 

·
knees in the breeze!!!
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no fix as of yet. i have started running seafoam in every tank now but i havent loaded the carbs and let it soak overnight yet i only have about a month of riding weather left and then it will be in my shop getting a teardown and some upgrades like single filter ear shave and new plugs and wires and paint ect. so the rejet should solve it i hope then i got to figure out my vibration
it makes my right hand numb all the time but nothing else
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top