Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was letting a buddy pull my bike up into the yard and he dropped it and completely broke off the front foot rest on the right side. Two questions, how hard is it to replace and should I get the whole bracket or just the foot peg? And should I upgrade to something different? :doh:

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
If it's just the foot peg it is a pin with an e-clip holding it on. Just pay attention to how the spring is oriented.
If the bracket is broken, it just bolts on.
Not too many options as far as upgrades go. The stock foot pegs are a pretty good design compared to others. Unless you would opt for the custom floorboards some on here are using. Either way a new peg is needed.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I checked it out, I think I'm just gonna replace it stock. I found one on E-bay for $30. Unfortunately the spring is broken also.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I do not think I'll let anyone else touch my bike. Most of the destruction I see on the boards is a result of a friend, family member, or pet!

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, $30 seemed a little high to me also, but I have never looked into replacing it before. Also, I was at someone's house and had to get home, so I just switched the right rear to the front and may keep it that way until I can find one cheaper or I can afford to put on something different if I chose. So, if anyone has an extra one laying around or knows of someone that does... lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts