Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,
I hope this is an ok place for this thread. I thought about putting it in general discussion but it is kind of a gear thing. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on a helmet or bike type cam. I was thinking about something that would be secure but not vibrate all the time. Holding a charge for a few hours that could be saved to scan disk or something. Thanks.:carryflag

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Ladies and Gents,
I hope this is an ok place for this thread. I thought about putting it in general discussion but it is kind of a gear thing. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on a helmet or bike type cam. I was thinking about something that would be secure but not vibrate all the time. Holding a charge for a few hours that could be saved to scan disk or something. Thanks.:carryflag
This is timely we were out doing some more practicing some videoing today.we used a Go Pro Hero and so far it is very impressive no shake or vibration whether on the helmet or bike.I am shortly going to try my hand at uploading some to YouTube and I'll post a link,The unit we used is small and uses SDcard memory and a usb connection to your computer or RCA video plugs directly to your tv for viewing.If you don't want to wait for my rather slow learning curve here is a link to the company site http://www.goprocamera.com/ It is a little pricey but it belongs to my riding buddy and his kids bought it for him so we are both happy campers.I can film Him and he can film me.Check it out it is pretty sweet and simple to boot.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Film? what's film? - - That cam looks great! Pricey but great.

;-]

DT

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do i need HD stuff on my computer in order to play HD video from the camera? I had a problem with a HD video camera that my computer wouldn't play the videos for....makes me wonder if i need a standard def camera. I have a dell about 3 or 4 years old.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Do i need HD stuff on my computer in order to play HD video from the camera? I had a problem with a HD video camera that my computer wouldn't play the videos for....makes me wonder if i need a standard def camera. I have a dell about 3 or 4 years old.
the camera we use is not the high def,it is the regular one it works fine with a laptop with out upgrading to high def,It uses an SD card and lithium ion batteries ,two AAA I think and you can buy the rechargable lithium ion batteries and d you're set.once you get the card full you load it into a folder and burn it onto a disc,and then reformat the card and start over,I think the non HD is a lot cheaper than the high def one,although still kinda pricey.I highly recommend it for picture quality .The only thing I don't like is the audio is rather muted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts