Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Failed....:doh:
I dont feel too bad about it, it was tough. I feel pretty comfortable on the road. More so than a month ago anyway. Im past the constant "freaked out" stage. I practice something different every day. Clutching, braking smoothly, cornering etc. I havent practiced going around tiny little itty bitty cones though. Ill probably just ride out the season on my permit and take a course in the spring. *sigh*
By the way is it rough for the winter state riders when its time to pack up the riding for the year ?
I cant get enough. Been doing lots of exploring. There are plenty of kick ass roads here to lean back and cruise on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scratch that. I just signed up for my safety course. Ill get my license in a couple of weeks. Too impatient.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It's really rough. I hate having to put my bike away for 3-4 months. I have some heavy winter gear and keep riding until first snowfall and take it out as soon as I can in the spring. My wife calls me crazy, but she doesn't understand the riding thing....yet. :)

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I know a guy at the farmer's market who swears his bike is his only transportation and he rides it to work 365 days a year in Central NJ.

I'm glad you signed up for the safety course. I've been riding without incident for twelve years and I spent almost four months going through lessons three to four days a week right after work prior to taking my test. In addition to practicing on the school's off road course they held classes each Saturday on a different riding topic. Lessons were not too expensive and were part of a package that allowed you to use a smaller 250 to test on.
Good luck with the safety lessons.:smiley_th

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm Hooked! I'll be riding as long as I can! We've had some pretty "Dry" winters in the past several years. Don't get me wrong, I wish it would dump! But if it's dry, why not ride. We'll see if I cange My tune Come Winter. lol

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have only missed one Month of riding in 2 years, I am in Chicago.
I try to get out for 10 to 20 miles every month as long as there is not snow or ice.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Kanuck69, just noticed you are from Zanesville, OH! I have an Aunt and Uncle there and I am originally from Marietta but moved to VA when I was a kid. Lots of country roads around for some great riding. Would love to take my bike up there sometime and make the ride down the river.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Kanuck69, just noticed you are from Zanesville, OH! I have an Aunt and Uncle there and I am originally from Marietta but moved to VA when I was a kid. Lots of country roads around for some great riding. Would love to take my bike up there sometime and make the ride down the river.
Hey Vulcaneyez,

What part of VA are you in?

--Storm

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Nomad
Don't take it hard that you failed - look on it as another chance to acquire skills. Once you are through and qualified if you come back in a year and do it again you'd be amazed at how much you still don't know, so look on riding as a continuous learning process. Controlling the bike at slow speeds without putting a foot down is a valuable skill - as is doing a U turn.
In the UK it is legal to filter through two lines of traffic - which in London is practically the only way to get anywhere. It has its risks and certainly exposes you to all sorts of dangers, but it is also an endlessly fascinating test of skill. It is totally unacceptable to touch anyone's paintwork or wing mirrors. If you do your licence is torn up in fornt of you, they rip the buttons off your leathers, no-one talks to you anymore and its a trip to the woodshed.
Personally I don't mind riding in pouring rain, but not at all if there is a chance of ice. You'll be on your ass for sure.
Good luck Simon

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
It is totally unacceptable to touch anyone's paintwork or wing mirrors. If you do your licence is torn up in fornt of you, they rip the buttons off your leathers, no-one talks to you anymore and its a trip to the woodshed.
LOL!!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Would love to take my bike up there sometime and make the ride down the river.
If your talking route 60 from Zville to Marrietta, Haven't don that on the bike yet. That would be a good ride!:beerchug:

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
If your talking route 60 from Zville to Marrietta, Haven't don that on the bike yet. That would be a good ride!:beerchug:
Son of a gun....You guys are going to put together a ride in my neck of the woods and I'm outtta commission. Just my luck :baby:

Enjoy!

·
fuzz
138 Posts
nope I keep riding , the pexy 3 helps , as long as the road is dry and the temp is over 20F i ride , and the one and only good thing about that crappy shaft drive is no chain to rust , but then again i would rather oil a chain than have shaft :smiley_th

Failed....:doh:
I dont feel too bad about it, it was tough. I feel pretty comfortable on the road. More so than a month ago anyway. Im past the constant "freaked out" stage. I practice something different every day. Clutching, braking smoothly, cornering etc. I havent practiced going around tiny little itty bitty cones though. Ill probably just ride out the season on my permit and take a course in the spring. *sigh*
By the way is it rough for the winter state riders when its time to pack up the riding for the year ?
I cant get enough. Been doing lots of exploring. There are plenty of kick ass roads here to lean back and cruise on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts