Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a Tourmaster Intake mesh jacket. Let's a lot of air in so it's nice on warm days. Kinda chilly in the morning, but I don't have a windshield.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
There are lots of mesh jackets out there. You really should find a shop you can go to to try them on. They'll all fit you differently. Armored mesh like the one KM suggested is similar to what I ride with on the hot days. Feels great.

·
Bat
161 Posts
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navTitle=Apparel-StreetGear&webCatId=61&navType=closeout&webTypeId=235&prodFamilyId=26587&listingId=&sizeAttr=7566&colorAttr=386

Last year I bought one similar to this, same brand, (FirstGear), and I find it everything I want it to be...very cool with the lining out, comfortable 3 season with lining in. Mesh makes it very breathable, liner is supposed to be waterproof, tho I haven't ridden it in the rain yet...hope I don't have to! The armor is unnoticeable when riding, nice and light and in the right places, also removeable if you like. I prefer the protection factor.
The back pad is high density foam something, not bulky.
The best part is that the back pocket fits a 3 liter Camelbac or Odyssey water supply bottle (without the backpack), and stuffed with chipped ice, worn with the back pad between the rider and the bottle, it keeps your core cool, and you have drinking water after a while. I'd order a roomy size if you plan to do this...it's really a cool idea to have water on you so you don't have to stop for a drink (very important to keep hydrated in this terribly hot weather, and you can ride in it without fainting.)

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Because of the color?

-Robert
That and the fact that I have one...( not in dayglow) and find it to be a good jacket with GOOD airflow ...(seems Bat suggested the same one)

I've tried several and like the Firstgear one the best.

If you want to spend the money for much better protection too, look at the Cycleport Kevlar Mesh jacket.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
another vote for leather up, everything ive gotten has been fantastic

·
Registered
120 Posts
I guess it depends what "warm weather" is. My leather works as designed up into the high 80's and as long as I'm going over 40mph its pretty comfortable. I don't think there's any jacket thats going to be fun to wear in the high 90's.

Here's what I have. http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Jackets/Xelement-B-95199-Armored-Mens-Leather-Motorcycle-Jacket-with-Glow-in-the-Dark-Skull-Embroidery/144139.html
It's heavy with the thick leather and armor but the air flows between the leather and the mesh lining.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I like the Bomber Jacket made by Fox Creek Leather. (They have "racier" styles too.) It is expensive, but a great product that will provide years of warmth and protection.
Those are nice Charlie.... But he was asking about a "warm weather" jacket, not a "warm" jacket.

I've tried a perforated leather jacket... Really comfortable .. but not as cool in hot weather as a textile mesh.

The Firstgear jacket is the "coolest" and... (The Fieldsheer Titanium? air mesh pant is the "coolest" pant I have found)
They did not have dayglow yellow when I purchased mine, so I got the silver grey one.

A good mesh pant will keep you cooler than jeans.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Those are nice Charlie.... But he was asking about a "warm weather" jacket, not a "warm" jacket.
Duh! :doh:

In warm weather I ride with the Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 (seen here hanging with my luggage). I tried them on in the store and found the size that fit the best. Unfortunately, all they had were red, blue, and black. So I ordered a bright yellow one online. (It isn't hi-viz or day-glo, but still very visible.)

It comes with a nylon liner that helps keep out the wet and/or the cold. This is also nice when I ride to work and it's cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon (or vice versa).

The stock back armor was a little light/foamy, so I replaced the pad with a tougher version.

The current Joe Rocket Phoenix is the 5.0, I think. Basically the same thing... maybe more inside pockets.

A couple of times a year I wash it the washing machine, gentle cycle. Gets the bugs out! :smiley_th

1 - 13 of 13 Posts