Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 1996 Vulcan 750 and would love to ride with, hang out with, or otherwise know other riders in my general vicinity.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hey there Tom, and welcome to the information super site for the Vulcan 750. :beerchug:
I'm on the Western side of PA, just a bit above Pittsburgh.
Things have quieted down a little here since the colder weather has moved in, but if ya got any questions about your Vulcan, just ask. Someone will be around to try and help ya out.

You'll hear this alot, so get used to it..... Read the Vulcan Verses and have your splines checked !!
The Vulcan Verses is a plethera of tips, tricks, and other useful information gathered from many Vulcan riders over the years.

And, there is another site (kind of a sister site with this one) at Yahoo.
You can join it HERE.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey there Tom, welcome. I am about two and a half hours from you. If you ever come this way, give me a shout. Always looking for a reason to ride!!

Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be sure to give you a shout the next time it looks like I have a free weekend when the wind isn't bonechilling.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Down in Lusby myself. Near Solomon Isl. Gotta put a new stator in mine. Till then short rides and charger handy. Did a short ride today great day for one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Tom,

I'm a newbie to the group, but live in Germantown, MD and would definitely be up for a ride some time. I travel quite a bit, so plans often have to be short notice.

Brian

·
Registered
415 Posts
Billable, Next time you're ready to ride let me know. I'm always up for adding to my odometer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
South Central PA

If anyone is looking for a nice ride in central PA, there is a gathering of all different bikes in Ephrata, PA on the first Sunday of each month. Last Sunday was my first time there and it was a huge event (probably 500 - 600 bikes). It is held at the American Legion Post 429. There is no set time schedule for this. It seems as if everyone just shows up and leaves when they are ready. We arrived at about 10 am and left around noon (too nice of a day to sit around). The Legion offers a breakfast for a small fee. We always get something to eat since they allow us to use their parking lot. This was the first "long" trip I took on my new '06 VN750 and it was great. Just wanted to let everyone know about this. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Is it too late to join you guys? I just picked up and in the process of restoring a 1996. I'm in Gaithersburg/N. Potomac.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
well guys, i'm almost ready. Bike is being inspected and they just found that my front cylinder isn't firing. I hope to have it back again soon. I also picked up a couple of route books - "Moto-Maps" that show nice day rides for Northern Virginia and Maryland.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Im in Montgomery County, MD

Anyone up for a ride some weekend? I work every other weekends so its a bit of a pain. but I AM FREE this saturday!!

·
Recovering Dirtbiker
47 Posts
Hey Guys!

I'm in G'burg near Olney/Laytonsville....Love this area of MC for weekend rides...Let me know if you guys want to meet up some time and go riding...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Purcellville, VA check in.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
well guys, i'm almost ready. Bike is being inspected and they just found that my front cylinder isn't firing. I hope to have it back again soon. I also picked up a couple of route books - "Moto-Maps" that show nice day rides for Northern Virginia and Maryland.
Gosh, it's been a while since I posted my original note. I've since gotten the Vulcan fixed, painted, and lookin pretty good! A few of us formed a local Maryland riding club. We meet every Saturday for breakfast followed by a safe & sane ride through the rural back roads of MD, VA, WVA and PA. Check out our website if you're possibly interested.

Already have one Vulcan in the club, there's always room for another.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Corbin Seat

Hi guys,
I've sold my Vulcan and am now riding a 2005 Honda VTX1300. The new owner is local, so I can still enjoy seeing my hard work.

Anyway, if anyone local is interested in a Corbin seat for your ride, check out my ad here and on craigslist.

Close Up Pics

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Hi guys,
I've sold my Vulcan and am now riding a 2005 Honda VTX1300. The new owner is local, so I can still enjoy seeing my hard work.

Anyway, if anyone local is interested in a Corbin seat for your ride, check out my ad here and on craigslist.

Close Up Pics
Is there a particular reason you posted this under the Northeast Region heading and at the tail end of a post from 2007/8? Just wondering?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts