Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get a good ride in last weekend with my PF3. I took about the same route as a similar ride from about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to see if my gas mileage changed. I used to have the V-force shield. Both rides ended up needing to switch to my reserve at about the same mileage. With the V-force it was at 142 miles and with the PF3 it was at 146. So for me at least, at normal back road speeds, around 45 to 65, I was able to get about the same mileage.
I haven't had a chance to get a good highway test yet. It's been too wet and I've been too sick to ride to work. Maybe next week.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like another winner. I still have no complaints about my PF3. I rode through a freakin monsoon on Monday and that shield kept me *mostly* dry across the middle. I am seriously considering getting a pair of gaitors in lieu of my full rain suit. Most of the water on me was what came up from the road and wicked up my jeans.
I even had some good headwinds and sidewinds (still nothing like Oklahoma) and the PF3 eased straight through them all.
No loss of mileage for me, either (except when I haul ass :) )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts