Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that it's way too early but I am throwing this out as a feeler to see who might be interested. The Northern Cascades is always an interesting ride. There are several routes we could take. One would be to go from Burlington across the Casades to Winthrop/Twisp, have lunch and return by the same route. Another would be to have lunch in Winthrop/Twisp, head south to Wenatchee, then west back across the Cascades via Stevens pass to Everett and then north back to Burlington or to where ever you live. The third route would be similar to the second one but diverting and taking a ride up Lake Chelan, (A really scenic ride I am told) then spend the night in the town of Chelan or Wenatchee and booogie back across Stevens Pass the next day. During the middle of the week would be best for traffic reasons, but a weekend cruise might be better for those of you who still have to work for a living. Anyone interested???

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with slimvulcanrider, it does sound like a good trip. However, I also live on the other side of the mountains. You might just say I live about as far east, and a little south, in Washington state as you can get. It would be noce to get soemthing going possibly towards teh center of teh state and make it close enough for everyone!!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I agree with slimvulcanrider, it does sound like a good trip. However, I also live on the other side of the mountains. You might just say I live about as far east, and a little south, in Washington state as you can get. It would be noce to get soemthing going possibly towards teh center of teh state and make it close enough for everyone!!
How far away is collegeplace from you?
I live in the north eat corner of Oregon, but make quite a few trips to Walla Walla for VA appointments
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm sounds interesting... too bad I am on the other side of the mountains.
Well, okay, that might be doable if we could get enough riders. But if we don't would you and Slimvaulcanrider be willing to do a ride in Central Washington if we don't? And we might be able to pick up some more riders before spring arrives. Then we could meet up in Ellensburg, then head up to Chelan, do the South shore drive and back to Chelan. Then over to Coulee Dam, south to Soap Lake, Mesa, go past Hanover and back to Ellensburg. I haven't done the mileage, but will and post it. The route is also not written in stone and is open to revision suggestions. I could also ride to Spokane after the ride and visit with my son along with whoever heads that way after the ride.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Central Washington Ride

That ride would be about 400 miles. However, we could cut 120 miles off by finishing at George WA and splitting up there. You Think?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
no I meant the town Collegeplace, its just outside of Walla Walla. Riding Central Washington would be fun. I have friends in Seattle area I could stay with as well if we were to do a coastal run.

waynebo37, you are very close to me... only 100 miles away... you need to come down here to Joseph next summer for the Bronze Bike Rally.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coastal ride

no I meant the town Collegeplace, its just outside of Walla Walla. Riding Central Washington would be fun. I have friends in Seattle area I could stay with as well if we were to do a coastal run.

waynebo37, you are very close to me... only 100 miles away... you need to come down here to Joseph next summer for the Bronze Bike Rally.
I could meet you in Seattle. It wouldn't be a coastal ride but we could take the ferry to Bainbridge Island, go Port Townsend , take the ferry to Whidbey Island, go past Deception Pass and to Burlington where we could split up. Or go down to Olympia, take US1 up along the Hood Canal, (A nice scenic ride) to Port townsend etc.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
yup exactly my plan, exccept after heading out from George, I would then head down to Newport, Oregon then visit some friends in that area as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Slimvulcanrider,

Yeah Clarkston is 100 miles or so east of Walla Walla and College Place is just outside of there. We may need to look at maybe meeting up in Walla Walla and do a bit of riding. I have a co-worker that has gone to the Bronze Bike Rally a couple of years ago. He said it was a blast. May have to look into that!!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
It looks like Clarkston is just on the other side of the River from Lewiston, ID, which is only 70-80 miles from me...and also the closest cosco and Sams Club. lol

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
I am in Forest grove Oregon and am going to wisconsin in June or July but i can hook up in the spring with you guys if you dont mind me riding my concours 1000, the vulcan still needs a stator and I may sell it. Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
It looks like Clarkston is just on the other side of the River from Lewiston, ID, which is only 70-80 miles from me...and also the closest cosco and Sams Club. lol
You are so correct!! I didn't realize you lived so close. I do see a lot of Oregon plates at the local Costco and Wallymart!!If you get over this way let me know. Maybe we can meet up for a coffee or two!! Maybe look into a southeast WA ride or something!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ride

I am in Forest grove Oregon and am going to wisconsin in June or July but i can hook up in the spring with you guys if you dont mind me riding my concours 1000, the vulcan still needs a stator and I may sell it. Steve
Any and all riders welcome. BTW, who makes the Concours 1000, is that a Kaw?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts