Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally, I started riding last year and I took a course. Most of the stuff that was covered was pretty common sense (at least it seemed that way to me). I did feel the course was useful though, largely because the riders who were teaching it had all been riding for over 30 years and knew what they were doing.

I thought that the cost was fairly reasonable and at the end of the course we took the state riders certification test (that would have cost me about the same as the course did if I took it on my own)

If the instructors had been young or new riders I think I would have felt a bit more like Wolfie does about the course in general so in general I think you do need to ask about the course you intend to take a bit to find out about the instructors before you sign up.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Personally, I started riding last year and I took a course. Most of the stuff that was covered was pretty common sense (at least it seemed that way to me). I did feel the course was useful though, largely because the riders who were teaching it had all been riding for over 30 years and knew what they were doing.

I thought that the cost was fairly reasonable and at the end of the course we took the state riders certification test (that would have cost me about the same as the course did if I took it on my own)

If the instructors had been young or new riders I think I would have felt a bit more like Wolfie does about the course in general so in general I think you do need to ask about the course you intend to take a bit to find out about the instructors before you sign up.
All mentioned good points .....experience IS everything ! Great post...

jmo...pls do not chew my a$$.....
I feel, course's mandatory or otherwise, are good for ALL riders ......(how is it any rider can be too good to go thru a review...must be the know it all's who never suffer from CRS in any instant second of time !) .
reviews are good...that's why ALL Military, Firefighters, LEO's go thru MANDATORY TRAINING EACH/EVERY YEAR ! ----to Perform w/o fail ! DUH !
Sorry, I am done ranting.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
2 Posts
Instructor was in his mid 40s. The 1st question he asked was were there any newer riders there. After we all said no he explained the course wasn't for inexperienced riders, only for experienced riders who wanted to become better riders. Swaraj 742 XT Price

41 - 43 of 43 Posts