Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So can anyone help me on this one? Is it just my lack of "searching the web" skills or do they not make an OEM highway peg for our bikes?

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
The sad truth is there are basically no OEM accessories available for this model bike. It’s been out of production since 2006. There’s used stuff available (usually eBay) but it takes a little searching. Occasionally folks sell stuff on here as well. Highway bars are hide to come by. There’s also folks who have made custom bars and whatnot.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
When I began with my 750, I did an ebay search, saved the link, and checked it every day.

Highway pegs aren't hard to find, it's mounting that takes a bit of effort.

Here's a search tip that works best to get super low prices on Kuryakyn goodies. www.typohound.com It searches ebay by typos, and people misspell Kuryakyn the most.

One of the best homebuilt highway pegs setups I've seen is a pair of simple triangular plates bolted to the front engine mounts. Combined with Kuryakyn Swing Wing pegs and adjustment is infinite.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
That’s what I have but I scored an OEM bar from the forum. I think I paid double that for my pegs though.
A4612249-DE07-4BBC-A481-32B730402964.png

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
That’s what I have but I scored an OEM bar from the forum. I think I paid double that for my pegs though.
View attachment 53303
Those are the ISO style but don't have the adjustment, still nice though. Should be able to find the matching brake pedal for $8-12.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
I can maneuver them around quite a bit. The clamps were sold separately. They’re a the second set of clamps I bought because I busted one when I dropped the bike on that sinkhole a couple years back.
I have a bathroom to remodel first before I start spending more Monet on the bike. The seat I just got emptied the “bike budget” for the short term. Lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks yall!! So aye spockster, that link u send me, for the Harley pegs. Is that the correct size of the crash bar? Or tube framing of the 750? 32mm? Just curious so if i dont end up getting those in particular ill atleast have some #s on what im lookin for

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Thanks yall!! So aye spockster, that link u send me, for the Harley pegs. Is that the correct size of the crash bar? Or tube framing of the 750? 32mm? Just curious so if i dont end up getting those in particular ill atleast have some #s on what im lookin for
No, those would have to be modified to fit a crash bar, and won't work on the frame. Without a crash bar, you'd need a bar or fabricate plates to bolt on the engine mount bolts.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
I can maneuver them around quite a bit. The clamps were sold separately. They’re a the second set of clamps I bought because I busted one when I dropped the bike on that sinkhole a couple years back.
I have a bathroom to remodel first before I start spending more Monet on the bike. The seat I just got emptied the “bike budget” for the short term. Lol
Bathroom - most expensive room in the house! Have you seen the price of building materials? May as well postpone the remodel, probably get it done cheaper in a year, or three. :(

Putting off my project on the garage, $34 per sheet for sheathing now, was around $12 a year ago. Heard 2x4s are $8, but I didn't bother looking.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Bathroom - most expensive room in the house! Have you seen the price of building materials? May as well postpone the remodel, probably get it done cheaper in a year, or three. :(

Putting off my project on the garage, $34 per sheet for sheathing now, was around $12 a year ago. Heard 2x4s are $8, but I didn't bother looking.

I’m saving big on labor because I’m doing the work. Yes material is outrageous but I’m redoing the floor and the half walls of tile so it could be worse if I was getting rid of the tub sink and toilet. I think I can get it all done including the few extra tools I need for under $2G.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I seen a highway pig mod that someone was selling up here on the form. Pretty much the same deal you were talking about Spock ster basically fabricated to bolt to the motor mounts, with a slight bend to get it up and around the frame.. Only bad thing is you must take off the exhaust system on the right side to get them to mount and also not sure about sending a random from before a money order??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Matter of a fat I believe I remember where the link is. U and mmart both commented on them.. anyways ill try n fond the old post and re post it here so yall can give me your opinion

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
I don't know what your budget is but here’s an OEM bar from eBay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts