Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Man, I'd love to see the "Motorcycle Timeline" exhibit. I've always wanted to get a general idea of the evolution of these things that so many people, including me, are just crazy about...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, my bike's running decent....and since I missed Americade and Laconia, I aint missin this....Im goin early Sat and returning same day, although my bud is gonna have a motor home there with free beer for friends at his booth (PBR most likely)...mebbe I'll be back Sunday (sleep underneath it, lol)....Liberty...Mike...if ya wanna go, call me....bring Da Jul...its got a County Fair kinda atmosphere with food, booths, etc....on the Meanie, yer a quick ride up 287 to me, then its just another hour on sweet parkways (Taconic)....scenery and no trucks....

And KC...talk to me bro....it aint that far and the Mrs would love it....Rhinebeck is a great lil antiquie/artsie fartsie village...women love it...even met Kim Basinger there years ago just before she dumped Alec....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
If I thought Kim Basinger was going to be there,I would go.
hell me too, even if my bike aint all together yet ill use my flint stone feet

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, I was up there about 10 yrs ago, and I was wanderin around the village lookin for a place to eat after the airshow....I seen the both of em (they lived up that way then), so I walked up, and just said, "hey" love your work (to her, not to him)....she grabbed my arm and we started walking...."show me the good places" she said....hubby followed behind...he was pissed I think.....think she did it on purpose too....
I dunno where they live now, but ya usually see female stars in towns like that....I had lunch with Melanie in Piermont, NY, right after I fixed Bill Murrays septic at his house and shared a beer with him on his lawn....
All these places are close enough to NYC to attract stars, and they usually live in the burbs....my son hangs out with Diana Krall, Rick Ocasek and Paulina Porizhkova...its all relative...theyre just really normal folks...
Oh yeah...I met model Kylie Bax too at a restaurant...and had Debbie Harry of Blondie sittin on my lap at a club in Fort Lee...its really no big thing....there just regular people....I DID however start stuttering when I got onto Emmylou Harris's tourbus with her at Hunter Mtn...that woman floored me....then again, even if she werent a star, I wouldda been stutterin....lol....love that woman...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'm all booked up this weekend...sorry bro.

we gotta get QSRG going again so we can plan ahead for stuff like this...give others on the forum a chance to meet up too.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, I hear dat....I just been too busy lately between my Mom, and the bike, and now my kitchen ceiling collapsing....I gotta feelin we're still in "spring" mode now....I think end of summer and this autumn are gonna kick ass....Strange Days and Catskill Thunder...and naturally, our traditional OCC/Gullys tour....
I may not go now anyway....callin for T-storms the whole day, and that would suck....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts