Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PO said it was taken off "cause the bike wouln't start, now all of the stuff is lost."
I have gotten the "89 VN750 started; now I want to put a good looking / working air cleaning set up back on the bike. I'd rather keep the stock look and have gotten a few parts together (1 ear, main air box, boots, filter cages).
I would like to incorporate mods that help performance and milage and would eleminate "green" complications if helpful.
Advice / help or warnings would be apreciated as I don't have anything to look at but the book and what's on the forum.
I read the "verses" about the "reed" valves, seems like good info there. What else? If you have any of the parts I need I'd be interested.
thanks, jmc

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
There are several here who have done the "ear shave" who may have thier original parts left over. Be patient and someone will get ahold of you.

Ebay is also a place to check as there is usually someone parting out a bike.

DO NOT run the bike for very long without some sort of air filtration system in place or you run the risk of damaging the engine. MC engines are much more succeptable to dirt and debris than car engines.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
DO NOT run the bike for very long without some sort of air filtration system in place or you run the risk of damaging the engine. MC engines are much more succeptable to dirt and debris than car engines.
Even with the stock filters on, but no covers on the filters, the bike runs like crap over 4K rpms. :doh:

·
Registered
748 Posts
I _might_ have one good spare ear; I'll check when I get back into the shed cleaning after it cools down a bit this evening. Too damn hot to do anything out there, right now.

Jim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I only ran it down the hwy a quarter or so just to get a feel for it. don't plan on any more till I get it some clean air. "any ears are better than no ears" my granny would say so let talk about what when and how. [email protected] thanks a lot to all.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I _might_ have one good spare ear; I'll check when I get back into the shed cleaning after it cools down a bit this evening. Too damn hot to do anything out there, right now.

Jim
Finally got a chance to look; sorry, ain't got a spare.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts