Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started as "top end rebuild" and turned into almost a full overhaul. The origianl post and before pics http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17015

So far
new top end-(rebuild)
new paint on the tank, fenders and plastics
new hard saddlebags w/turn signal built in
new brakes, front and back
new mirrors
new grips
new brake master cylinder and lever (changed to the round cynlinder)

Planned
new tires

I have about 1,100 into it by the time I am done. It will be almost a new bike. I will post some pics when its all done. My engine will be ready about mid march. I ended up hiring a guy to machine, and rebuild the motor. He works at a harley dealership and has the winter off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

I just got my engine back last night. I had a couple blown valves, and 3 bad lifters.
I am painting the engine a flat black and it will have to sit for a week before I can run it. I should have it finished painting by Tuesday, engine back in on Wednesday and start re-connecting electrical on Thursday.
I cant wait to fire it up for the first time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will. It looks like a brand new bike. Its an 86 and now has a brand new engine. I will run this bike till it dies. I spent about 700 on the engine rebuild alone. I did not know that gaskets would cost so much....I wish they still made our bikes, so things would be easier to get and cost a lot less.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike is COMPLETE!!!!!! Took it out for a little drive today before work. The guy who re built my engine, bored it out, and now its about a 850cc. A lot more get up and go. I will post pics later.

I would like to thank everybody on this site. It has been a huge help in this. It was almost a total rebuild.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
MUST HAVE PICS!!!;)

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
The bike is COMPLETE!!!!!! Took it out for a little drive today before work. The guy who re built my engine, bored it out, and now its about a 850cc. A lot more get up and go. I will post pics later.

I would like to thank everybody on this site. It has been a huge help in this. It was almost a total rebuild.
I need to do similar work to my '03. Looking for a generator cover and stator cover. Any ideas?
Don't expect a response from robbie7045 as that poster has not been active since 4/30/2011.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts