Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after installing my HID lighting kit, my dashboard light for the reserve lighting is lit up on me and flickering (not so much on and off as changing brightness levels). I've had the HID in for a few days now, but tonight was the first I've been on the bike at night after installing the HID kit, so this is the first I've noticed it coming on.

the HID bulb is most definitely lit up and bright as day, and as far as I can tell, the high beam bulb is not lit up, but i suppose its possible that the main HID is washing it out. Will have to pull apart the headlight bucket tomorrow when I get it back home to be sure.

I'm guessing that due to the HID kit using less power then a stock halogen bulb, that the bikes system is misreading and thinking that my bulb is blown. Though if that's the case, then my high beam light should be on. Right?

Any recommendations to get the dash light back off short of bypassing the reserve lighting system, and possibly the relay that keeps the headlight off till the engine cranks?

Of course, I suppose I could just live with it too...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Ndr, How did you make out on this? I'm having a similar issue after installing my HID. I just posted today .
Thanks

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Clean/Double check your grounds around gauge cluster & headlight bucket.
...just a thought
WilliamTech

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
x2 on the ground checks per WilliamTech.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly haven't messed with it much since I posted this. Sometimes its on sometimes it not. and the brightness of it being lit up varies as well. Checking the grounds makes sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts