Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn the ignition to "on" nothing but the turn signals operate, no headlight, tail light, brake light, neutral indicator, fuel gauge (I can start the bike) the only common circuit seems to be the "Reserve lighting Unit"
Does anyone know how to test it and could it be something else ???

Thanks

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
frenchyQc said:
When I turn the ignition to "on" nothing but the turn signals operate, no headlight, tail light, brake light, neutral indicator, fuel gauge (I can start the bike) the only common circuit seems to be the "Reserve lighting Unit"
Does anyone know how to test it and could it be something else ???

Thanks
i know when you turn it to "on" that the headlight shouldn't light up untill after the engine does a half turn IIRC. this reduces the load on the battery during starting. On the other hand....the rest should have power. what about once the bike is up and running? does everything else come to life? if so check the battery. i know sometimes in cars there wont be enough voltage to turn on the relays for some of the elecronics, but it can still start (faulty battery). you can take the batt to just bout any auto parts place and have it tested

also IIRC the "reserve lighting unit" switches the headlight to the working filament automatically if one burns out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said nothing else goes on even when the engine is running. The only comme circuit is the "Reserve Lighting Unit" that's why I want to know if there is any way to test it since buying a new one is fairly expensive.

Thanks for your help Hizzo3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts