Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top option is the SUPER MOSFET KIT FH020AA. I don't mind paying more for the luxury of having the crimping/soldering done already for me. My first question is if I need the adapter bracket. I don't think so based on the dimensions provided on the website, but figured I'd check to confirm. Do I need anything else or is this super kit basically plug and play?

My understanding is the three yellow stator wires get connected to the MOSFET R/R. Then the MOSFET batterty plug goes to the (+) and (-) battery terminals. The inline fuse is there, which is great. The below image comes from the Roadster Cycle website and works wonders for my dumb brain. ;)

Anything else I need to know at this preliminary step? This forum has been hugely helpful. I've seen posts and read about the MOSFET but simply assumed since this was electrical work it was above my "pay grade", if you will. But a clear picture is starting to form for me!

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Like the website says, it's as close to plug n play as it gets. It does wire up as shown, the stator leads should get soldered to the R/R stator wires for a secure, clean connection.

There's also the headlight trigger wire to be dealt with. It's recommended to do the Blue Wire mod so that AC volts no longer go into the Junction Box. If not doing the Blue Wire mod just make sure the headlight trigger stays on one of the stator wires (depending on where you clip the stock wiring).

The RR pictured on the website does look slightly smaller than the one I have, so it may fit in the stock location. I believe some recent posters have done it with this kit.

Don't think you'll need the adapter bracket, nobody has reported using it. The bracket looks harder to install in the stock location, relocating would probably be easier. Looks like the sport bikes need the adapter most often.

The new SH847 looks interesting, but more expensive, it's claimed to make the stator run cooler. He calls it the stator saver.

Roadstercycle link

1 - 2 of 2 Posts