Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to do the K&N filter that AceMcqyer posted about in 2009. I went this route because I liked the fact that the filter was under the tank and out of the rain. I commute ran or shine. So anyway I went with the shorter K&N so I wouldn't have to modify the cooling lines. It worked fine, but was tight in there and a little crooked. Also the cooling line spring would rub on the filter and it started to wear the on the filter a little. So it looks like AceMcqyer had it right the first time. I was a little nervous about doing this, but I knew I could do it. Not as neat as AceMcqyyers, but I think it will work. I will attached a U shaped hose on the left side, along with a "L" fitting to get the hose lower and out of the way of the filter. I'll post more pictures when I get there. So far the pipe coming off the thermostat housing is completed.

I used a 1 1/16" drill bit to make the hole. Cut off the bottom end and attached it to the hole I cut. Not the best at brazing, but it should hold up. Capped the top off with the end of a carriage bolt (it is what I found laying around the garage).

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
sweet. I love threads like this

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts