Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinkin of something longer, more like a bullet headlight? not quite like the boulevard, but something in between

im sure its possible. brackets need to be fashioned perhaps. but electrical consideration when swapping to a different headlight?

·
Super Moderator
11,824 Posts
The easiset course would just to make sure the new headlight uses the same H4 bulb. That way , other than fabbing the mounting, you just plug and play.
I think a few have used diffrent buckets to go with the diamond cut or clear lenses. Just a matter of stuffing all the wiring into it and plugging it in.
Avoid any duel light set ups that use more than the stock wattage, otherwise, let us know what you come up with...

KM

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I went to a chopper shop a few weeks ago for the same idea. The mech suggested a single post, bottom mount chrome headlight housing. Aftermarket housings will not fit all our wiring so he suggested to pull it back under the tank. The mount is the easy part; use the two bolts that mount the horns, a bracket made from angle iron, and you got a new headlight. BTW the housings the chopper shop showed me were $175 and up. jcwhitney.com sells one for $49 is 7" and looks great. I'm doing mine sometime in the future

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Yeah, I want to do something like this to my bike as well, just not quite so pointy! (Just my taste.) My biggest concern is the wiring that is now in the stock headlight housing. I see it was suggested to just pull this back under the tank. Can this be done? Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yeah, I want to do something like this to my bike as well, just not quite so pointy! (Just my taste.) My biggest concern is the wiring that is now in the stock headlight housing. I see it was suggested to just pull this back under the tank. Can this be done? Has anyone tried it?
ive heard of them doing that... sure it can be dun.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anything can be done with enough time. When I get around to changing out the head light I'll try and take some pictures and do a write up on what I did. Hopefully I'll get around to it this winter with all of my other projects.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Before I had the fairing on mine I went with a diamond cut european headlight that also has a city light (small bulb you can switch on instead of the main bulb, nice for parades but don't suggest using it for regular riding because you really want higher visibility)
Any way, using a 7" auto headlight it was too deep for the stock bucket but the Suzuki ummm 650 I believe has a deeper headlight bucket and has the side mount design that easily fit on the bike.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ddhughey0620/735922254/in/set-72157600678733424/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts