Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new brother in law is a bit of a mechanical wiz and recently bobbed his harley. I love the look and mentioned how jealous I was so in the nature of new brotherhood and what not he offered to attack my '02 750 and see what we come up with. I figured out most of what I wanted to do to it on the ride back from Sturgis a few days ago but as I'm more of a computer geek than a gear head I have a few questions. I trolled and searched the forum and was able to figure most of it out (thanks guys) but I have no clue when it comes to speedometer replacement options. I found one, CLICK HERE , that I like but I have no idea if it will work. Id like to remove the stock speedometer/tach/warning lights and relocate them to the bars and this seems like a nice option.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dirt track, if the one I found won't work I'll go with one of those but I really like the one I found as it has the instrament lights built in too which is one more thing I can get rid of.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also when I looked at speedometers I keep seeing 1:1 and 2:1, whats this refer to and does this apply to the 750?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Doug that helped and gave me some food for thought.

So... what is the proper drive rato for the vn750? 2:1 or 1:1?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts