Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking around and trying to figure out what is the best aftermarket seat for my 2002 Vulcan 750. Im large guy (6 foot, 300 lbs) and need wider seat. I like Mustang seat but it's kind of expensive and I'm not sure if I can even get it now days, even used. At least there is nothing available on eBay. I wanted to hear opinions from riders that are about my size or anybody else who has experience with aftermarket comfy seats. I have 100 miles daily commute and on weekends sometimes ride more then 400 miles. Yesterday I drove almost 150 miles and barely made it home (my rear was hurting a lot) lol

Hope to hear some good suggestions / links.

Thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
might look into a meanstreak seat mod or vn900 seat mod. they are a little wider. I am 5'10 280 and have a vn900 seat on mine. while not perfect for me, its probably at least 5 orders of magnitude over the stock seat in comfort

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Have you looked to see if there are any bike upholstery shops around you? I was lucky enough to find a guy that worked from his shop in his backyard, only a few miles from my house. Here's a look at what he did for me. It's very comfortable. Of course, it's a matter of luck finding a place and working out a price that works for you. You put a lot of miles on yours and a comfortable tail end would work wonders for you. Here's mine (if it works): http://www.vn750.com/photopost/data/502/thumbs/DSCF0275.jpg

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Interesting. It refuses to print out the word "thumbs". Oh well. I tried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts