Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing the cover for the air filter on the right side, and I was thinking about replacing the OEM filters with pod filters. Is this something I can just swap out, or do the carburetors need adjustment to handle the new air flow?

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Several of us have proven you don't automatically need all those carb mods.

Mine is earshaved and I've never seen the inside of my carbs. Some have had to put the stock jets back in after modding bigger jets and shims for the shave.

The Uni PK92 filter works fine and is a lot lower cost than the K&Ns, it's really just which ones you prefer. But the extra $50 comes in handy other places. $30/pair versus $80/pair. Got mine for $25 on ebay. The Uni is oiled foam, K&N is oiled gauze.

It's possible the K&N flows more free, and thus requires jetting and shims. Not sure if anyone I spoke of has used K&N, but I know at least some used the Uni.

Some other brands, or chinese made filters, will cause problems by blocking the moon shaped port in the carb throat.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I degoated and used screaming eagle mufflers and used k&n filters. Mine needed 140/40 and two shims. With stock exhaust should be fine but every bike is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts